Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX File System Corruption on IBM DS8300 Post 302320263 by m_raheelahmed on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 12:55:11 PM
Old 05-27-2009
File System Corruption on IBM DS8300

Hi All,

We are facing the problem of file system corruption on DS8300,we have done very much effort to find out the root cause of problem but we still not get any success, we have AIX 5.3 OS installed on system with latest patches, we have upgraded HBA firmwares, DS8300 firmware, System firmware, Upgraded the Fabric Switches firmwares, recently deployed brand new switches but sill the problem exists, when problem occurs we have to down our live services and unmount the affected file system & repair the file system by fsck utility & then we have to restart the services which results in down time of about 30-40 minutes, we have raised the problem to IBM whenever the problem arise but when they analyzed they haven't find any abnormality they analyzed the PE packages in DS but they didn't find any abnormality. Have anyone received these file system corruption error on DS or any suggestion Idea ?

Regards

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file corruption

Hi, All of a sudden I landed in a strange problem. I was working with my C source code in vi editor. I did a wq! and when reopened, the file is full of "data".. I mean the text contents are gone!!. I believe this is a file corruption. I have tried the -r option with vi, but no success. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

3. AIX

installation of 5.2 on iBM p series system

Hi all, we have iBM p series server on that 4. 3 operating system is runing.but i need ti install 5.2 or 5.3 then i ahve to install oracle 10g release 2 .but we have only 1 GB of RAM.can i install 5.2 or 5.3 with same RAM and please send me a document which discribe about how to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system testing for Data corruption

Hi, could any one tell is there any test-suite or any idea How to do data corruption validation testing, means there is no any data corruption ? Regards Manish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_tcs_hp
1 Replies

5. AIX

IBM System Director

Is IBM System Director good for collecting error and notifications from IBM servers such as x3250 x336 etc... or Please give me brief description for the purpose of IBM system Director Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM System Director Installation

Anyone has installed IBM System Director? May I have the procedures manual or any experiences can be shared? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File System corruption

Hi, While a tar file was created, the file system got full and there was no message on the tar failure. Then the system was shut down and the administrator says because the file system was full the shut down procedure corrupted the file system. I'm wondering, unix should have given some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manivanm
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)