Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: interface problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users interface problem Post 302320227 by vbe on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 11:23:59 AM
Old 05-27-2009
Did you look at your netstat to see if it not some FIN_WAIT etc... issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with a Network Interface

Hi every body, I have a Fiber Channel interface (fcs2) in AIX 5.2. This interface was fine & up but for some reason I could not return this interface UP again after I set it DOWN. When I tried to set this interface UP I encountered the following error: Method error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi Network card interface problem

My system info is show below:- #uname -a SunOS qfserver 5.8 Generic_117350-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and I have two network card as shown below:- #ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarifudin
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Solaris Virtual Interface Problem in DHCP

Hi all, I am experiencing a problem with dhcp broadcast packages. these broadcast packages are seen on bge1 and bge1:1 interfaces but somehow they are not seen at bge771001 interface which is second virtual interface on the bge1 interface. I have a server on which I configured it as working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironoxide
2 Replies

6. Programming

libcurl multi interface problem

Hello, I'm trying to use libcurl multi interface to fetch several data in parallel. I would expect this to be faster than performing repeated fetches using the easy interface, but for some reason I can't obtain any speed up at all: using the multi interface actually turns out to be MUCH slower than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
2 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with graphical interface

Hi, i have problems with an installation of Debian i386 505 in a pc. The hardware it is a mother soyo with a chipset via. When i install the xorg, the installation it`s succesfull, but when i type startx, the pc don`t respond. I am from Argentina and my English it isn`t good. Sorry. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kritar
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Network interface problem

Hi i have replace a NIC card on solaris 10 when i give the following command ifconfig -a it just show the lo0 (only loop back with inet 127.0.0.1) when i give the following command to config the interface, ifconfig elxl0 plumb ifconfig: plumb: elxl0: no such interface please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Network interface problem

HI, genunix: NOTICE: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link up 100 Mbps half duplex genunix: WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded genunix: WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down genunix: NOTICE: ce0: fault cleared external to device; service available genunix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Metro Cluster Interface Problem

Hi Guys, Kindly advise how to fix the down interface status in MC. Physically all nic interfaces are ok but as cmviewcl some interface are down: Node 1: Network_Parameters: INTERFACE STATUS PATH NAME PRIMARY up ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)