Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting top output for six processes with the same name, output changed from column to row Post 302320219 by reddysiva on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 11:10:12 AM
Old 05-27-2009
try this

#!/bin/bash

outputFile=topOutput_`uname -n`
echo "Output: " $outputFile

for ((;;));
do
(date +%T | tr "\n" " " && ps -A ux | sort -rn -k 3 | awk 'NR<6 && $3!="%CPU"{printf "%s ",$3} END {printf "\n"}') >> $outputFile
sleep 30
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

top output

Hi all, below is the output of my 'top' Tasks: 91 total, 2 running, 89 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 3.9% us, 20.5% sy, 0.0% ni, 75.6% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% si Can someone tell me what does us, sy,ni,id,wa,hi,si stands stand for? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging the PS and TOP output

Hey guys, I'm trying to merge the output from the ps and top commands; since I need the full command used (only showed in the ps), and the cpu usage with some decimal numbers (i.e.: 0.05%, only showed in top). After exporting to different files, I was thinking of doing an egrep with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EnioMarques
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Output top to file

Hi, I've installed SMCtop on to a Solaris 9 sparc server and I am trying to capture the output of top to a file without success. The version of top I have installed is top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local.gz. All my attempts are below. # /usr/local/bin/top -d 5 -f /tmp/top.out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a column to row output?

Getting tired of cut-and-paste...so I thought I would post a question. how do I change this column output to a single row? from this: # vgdisplay -v /dev/vgeva05 | grep dsk | awk '{print $3}' /dev/dsk/c6t0d5 /dev/dsk/c11t0d5 /dev/dsk/c15t0d5 /dev/dsk/c18t0d5 /dev/dsk/c7t0d5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding the output of TOP

ok, so I have a script im running on a linux box that uses "egrep" a lot. now, when i run this script, i check the TOP to see how much system resource it is using. the "top" command gives the following output: last pid: 25384; load avg: 1.06, 1.04, 0.76; up 351+06:30:24 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

8. Solaris

top output and swap -s output are differing

Solaris experts, Am struggling, and wondering for the past more than one week that, how to calculate the total available and used memory/swap space. Finally installed and used top & got some understanding, but while cross-checking, there are mismatches. Main Memory top o/p - 2GB... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row output

Hello All, i have a file with the contents like shown below Name = POLICY1 Selected = 1 Written = 0 Name = POLICY2 Selected = 6 Written = 8 Name = POLICY3 Selected = 4 Written = 26 I want the output to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinredmac
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Row if Third Column is Larger

Hi, I am fairly new to Unix scripting. We are running Solaris 5.10. I have the following question: Assume a text file with one text column, followed by 2 integer columns. How would I generate a script or, preferably, a command that will output the rows in which the value of the third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
6 Replies
LOGPROF.CONF(5)                                                      AppArmor                                                      LOGPROF.CONF(5)

NAME
logprof.conf - configuration file for expert options that modify the behavior of the AppArmor aa-logprof(1) program. DESCRIPTION
The aa-logprof(1) program can be configured to have certain default behavior by the contents of logprof.conf. The [qualifiers] section lists specific programs that should have a subset of the full ix/px/ux list when asking what mode to execute it using. Since creating a separate profile for /bin/bash is dangerous, we can specify that for /bin/bash, only (I)nherit, (U)nconstrained, and (D)eny should be allowed options and only those will show up in the prompt when we're asking about adding that to a profile. Likewise, if someone currently exec's /bin/mount in ix or px mode, things won't work, so we can provide only (U)nconstrained and (D)eny as options. And certain apps like grep, awk, sed, cp, and mkdir should always inherit the parent profile rather than having their own profile or running unconfined, so for them we can specify that only (I)nherit and (D)eny are the allowed options. Any programs that are not listed in the qualifiers section get the full (I)nherit / (P)rofile / (U)nconstrained / (D)eny option set. If the user is doing something tricky and wants different behavior, they can tweak or remove the corresponding line in the conf file. The [defaulthat] section lists changehat-aware programs and what hat aa-logprof(1) will collapse the entries to for that program if the user specifies that the access should be allowed, but should not have it's own hat. The [globs] section allows modification of the logprof rule engine with respect to globbing suggestions that the user will be prompted with. The format of each line is-- "<perl glob> = <apparmor glob>". When aa-logprof(1) asks about a specific path, if the perl glob matches the path, it replaces the part of the path that matched with the corresponding apparmor glob and adds it to the list of globbing suggestions. Lines starting with # are comments and are ignored. EXAMPLE
[qualifiers] # things will very likely be painfully broken if bash has it's own profile /bin/bash = iu # mount doesn't work if it's confined /bin/mount = u # these helper utilities should inherit the parent profile and # shouldn't have their own profiles /bin/awk = i /bin/grep = i /bin/sed = i [defaulthat] /usr/sbin/sshd = EXEC /usr/sbin/httpd2 = DEFAULT_URI /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork = DEFAULT_URI [globs] # /foo/bar/lib/libbaz.so -> /foo/bar/lib/lib* /lib/lib[^/]+so[^/]*$ = /lib/lib*so* # strip kernel version numbers from kernel module accesses ^/lib/modules/[^/]+/ = /lib/modules/*/ # strip pid numbers from /proc accesses ^/proc/d+/ = /proc/*/ BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-enforce(1), aa-complain(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), aa-logprof(1), aa-genprof(1), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 LOGPROF.CONF(5)