Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users truss: script runs without, but 'sysntax err' with it ?! Post 302320013 by alex_5161 on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 11:14:59 PM
Old 05-27-2009
Thank you, TonyFullerMalv, for your opinion and useful advise. I believe adding path should speedup performance. (Am I right?)
Althoug I believe, the problem is in not loading the 'bash' at all. The first line in 'trust' dispay the 'sh' is loaded, instead.
Code:
execve("/usr/bin/sh", 0xFFBFDEF4, 0xFFBFDF00)  argc = 2

And that is not, I guess, without the 'truss'.
That is weird.
I have try to run the script, having the '#!.." from first position (just did not include the log, as it is far mach.)
As I have said, if there is no any space on beginning, no try to search all buildin commands in all paths.

But, I will try tomorrow to define the PATH and will let to know how that will reflect the 'truss' log.
Appreciate!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

My script runs too slow :-(...

Hello experts, I have a series issue in script that result with bad peformence and I wonder if you can assist me. For example I have two files: File-New, size 15Mb. File-Old, size 1Mb. File-New content: a b c k File-Old content: d f a b (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roybe
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which runs sql script

Hi all, I need a shell script which runs a sql script but I couldn't find how to finish it. This is the code that I have: #! /usr/bin/ksh export SHELL=/bin/ksh export ORACLE_SID=database export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.8 sqlplus user <<EOF @/path/path/path/scriptname.sql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script: std Out/err

Hello gurus, this is part of my script: ls -1 ${MyFile} >> ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp FILENUM=`cat ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp| wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`>> /dev/null if then writeError "ERRORE: no file in directory for type ${FileName}!" >> ${LogFileName} Close 1 fi... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script only runs as a particular user

Hi guys So I've got this PERL script that for one reason or another I need to run as a user other than the user that created the script. When I su - to another user the script won't run and doesn't give me any output as to why. No permission denied or anything like that. I've chmod 777'd the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs in endless loop

Hi, AM very new to shell scripting and try to run a simple do while loop statement, but it ends up running endlessly. please can anyone assist, dunno what am doing wrong, any useful suggestions will be welcomed. #!/bin/ksh ### To check a running process instance #################... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayoo
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script only runs first time through crontab

Hello, I am trying to run a script through crontab and it runs the first time and then it does not run. I tried to run a simple script (as shown below) and I see the same issue. #!/bin/ksh clear echo "Good Morning, World." > /tmp/test123 Crontab Entry: 30 09 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
9 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX