Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: interface problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users interface problem Post 302319915 by tindasz on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 01:01:26 PM
Old 05-26-2009
Error interface problem

hi all,

i have problem with my box,
until now i can't investigate the root cause of my issue at my box.
here the problem.
i have a box as a squid server just forward all request packet from one interface and receive the packet then forward to client at the same interface. but after 5 hours i can't remote that box using ssh. i try enter the server by monitoring console. then i find ssh running all not, i found ssh shown running well, then i make a argue that problem come from interface. maybe the kernel block the interface because to much packet use the interface, until now my suggestion just reboot the server directly, i need some guide from you unix expert to solve my issue.

I have a plan to make a script to monitoring ssh port connection, so every 1 hours will chech ssh can or can't at the server if can't will restart. please guide me about this script.

Thanks and BR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with a Network Interface

Hi every body, I have a Fiber Channel interface (fcs2) in AIX 5.2. This interface was fine & up but for some reason I could not return this interface UP again after I set it DOWN. When I tried to set this interface UP I encountered the following error: Method error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi Network card interface problem

My system info is show below:- #uname -a SunOS qfserver 5.8 Generic_117350-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and I have two network card as shown below:- #ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarifudin
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Solaris Virtual Interface Problem in DHCP

Hi all, I am experiencing a problem with dhcp broadcast packages. these broadcast packages are seen on bge1 and bge1:1 interfaces but somehow they are not seen at bge771001 interface which is second virtual interface on the bge1 interface. I have a server on which I configured it as working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironoxide
2 Replies

6. Programming

libcurl multi interface problem

Hello, I'm trying to use libcurl multi interface to fetch several data in parallel. I would expect this to be faster than performing repeated fetches using the easy interface, but for some reason I can't obtain any speed up at all: using the multi interface actually turns out to be MUCH slower than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
2 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with graphical interface

Hi, i have problems with an installation of Debian i386 505 in a pc. The hardware it is a mother soyo with a chipset via. When i install the xorg, the installation it`s succesfull, but when i type startx, the pc don`t respond. I am from Argentina and my English it isn`t good. Sorry. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kritar
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Network interface problem

Hi i have replace a NIC card on solaris 10 when i give the following command ifconfig -a it just show the lo0 (only loop back with inet 127.0.0.1) when i give the following command to config the interface, ifconfig elxl0 plumb ifconfig: plumb: elxl0: no such interface please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Network interface problem

HI, genunix: NOTICE: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link up 100 Mbps half duplex genunix: WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded genunix: WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down genunix: NOTICE: ce0: fault cleared external to device; service available genunix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Metro Cluster Interface Problem

Hi Guys, Kindly advise how to fix the down interface status in MC. Physically all nic interfaces are ok but as cmviewcl some interface are down: Node 1: Network_Parameters: INTERFACE STATUS PATH NAME PRIMARY up ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
0 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)