Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to do Performance monitoring and tuning in AIX Post 302319849 by AIXlearner on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 10:36:28 AM
Old 05-26-2009
How to do Performance monitoring and tuning in AIX

How to do Performance monitoring and tuning in AIX.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance Tuning

Hi to all, I'm interested in finding an introduction about Performance Tuning under Unix (or Linux); can somebody please point me in the right direction? Best regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domyalex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle-performance tuning

Sorry, This is out of scope of this group.But I require the clarification pretty urgently. My Oracle database is parallely enabled. Still,in a particular table queries do not work "parallely" always. How is this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthri
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Tuning

Hi All, In last one week, i have posted many questions in this portal. At last i am succeeded to make my 1st unix script. following are 2 points where my script is taking tooooo long. 1. Print the total number of records excluding header & footer. I have found that awk 'END{print NR -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. AIX

UNIX/AIX Performance Tuning = some basics please

Hi all, From Googling, I found that the basics used for troubleshooting UNIX/AIX performance issues are commands like vmstat, iostat and sar. I believe these are generic commands regardless of what UNIX flavour is in used, only difference being is the format of the output. In a real case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. AIX

Need some help for AIX performance monitoring

Hello I am new user of AIX; I have only basic knowledge of the UNIX commands, and I want to create script that will monitor the performance and resources usage on AIX 6.1 machine. Basically I wan to start a loop that will grab, every 10 seconds, the CPU usage, the memory usage, the disk usage,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaher
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Performance tuning

Dear all, I have a Local zone , where users feel that performance is not good. Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone. And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone. Rgds rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX I/O Performance Tuning

I have a IBM Power9 server coupled with a NVMe StorWize V7000 GEN3 storage, doing some benchmarks and noticing that single thread I/O (80% Read / 20% Write, common OLTP I/O profile) seems slow. ./xdisk -R0 -r80 -b 8k -M 1 -f /usr1/testing -t60 -OD -V BS Proc AIO read% IO Flag IO/s ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
8 Replies
PMDAEVENTCLIENT(3)					     Library Functions Manual						PMDAEVENTCLIENT(3)

NAME
pmdaEventNewClient, pmdaEventEndClient, pmdaEventClients - client context tracking interfaces for event queues C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> #include <pcp/impl.h> #include <pcp/pmda.h> int pmdaEventNewClient(int context); int pmdaEventEndClient(int context); int pmdaEventClients(pmAtomValue *avp); cc ... -lpcp_pmda -lpcp DESCRIPTION
A Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) that exports event records needs to track which clients are connected to it, in order that it can track which events have been sent to which clients so far. Only once an event has been sent to all monitoring tools that registered an in- terest can the event be discarded and any memory reclaimed. The PMDA(3) library provides callback routines for PMDA developers to provide custom handling of client connections and disconnections. If the PMDA is making use of the event queueing mechanism provided by pmdaEventNewQueue(3) and friends, client connections and disconnections must be tracked via calls to pmdaEventNewClient and pmdaEventEndClient respectively. This allows the library to keep track of when events can be discarded from a queue, for example, for the context specified. This parameter is passed into the e_endCallBack function directly, and for other callback functions is available via the e_context field of the pmdaExt structure. Additionally, it can be queried at any time using pmdaGetContext(3). Sometimes it is useful for the PMDA to export a metric indicating the current count of attached clients - this is available using the pm- daEventClients routine, which will fill in the avp pmAtomValue structure on behalf of a PMDA fetch callback routine. SEE ALSO
pmdaEventNewArray(3), pmdaEventNewQueue(3), PMAPI(3), PMDA(3) and pmEventFlagsStr(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAEVENTCLIENT(3)