Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat In ypserv what yp stands for? Post 302319640 by pludi on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 01:30:59 AM
Old 05-26-2009
Yellow Pages, now called NIS, mostly replaced by LDAP.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file extension stands for mksys?

hi, what does this mksys stands for in unix? seems like its something to do with the os. i am using aix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

-s option stands for ? *Urgent

if ] in the above command, i want to know what exactly -s options stands for, more detailed help is most welcomed, thanks in advance, and $FTPFILE is a variable, wchich contains some filename, pls..help asap. thanks in advace, regards Kunal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"cc +DS1.1 +DA1.1" what does this option stands for?

Hi all cc +DA1.1 +DS1.1 -o /tmp/testapis /tmp/file.c While compiling the temp.c file i encounter the above line in my shell script. I would like to know what the options +DA1.1 and +DS1.1 is used for. After googling i found that we need to use it on PA RISC machines but a more detailed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurubarancse
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does "?" stands for?

Hi,can someone tell me what does ? stand for.. ---------- Post updated at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:56 AM ---------- I mean for example * stands for a wildcard character.. because I need to modify a config file that contains.. mfint003???.in* mfint003??.in*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does -e stands for

Below is a part of a script - if I know -eq means equals in a n if statement but what does this -e means here ? Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies
MAKEDBM(8)						       NIS Reference Manual							MAKEDBM(8)

NAME
makedbm - create or dump a ypserv database file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/yp/makedbm [-a | -r] [-b] [-c] [-s] [-l] [-i YP_INPUT_NAME] [-o YP_OUTPUT_NAME] [-m YP_MASTER_NAME] inputfile dbname /usr/lib/yp/makedbm -u dbname /usr/lib/yp/makedbm -c /usr/lib/yp/makedbm --version DESCRIPTION
makedbm takes the inputfile and converts it to a ypserv database file. In the moment, GDBM is used as database. Each line of the input file is converted to a single record. All characters up to the first TAB or SPACE are the key, and the rest of the line is the data. makedbm does not treat `#' as a special character. OPTIONS
-a Special support for mail aliases. We couldn't use sendmail for it, since sendmail uses db, but ypserv gdbm as database format. -b Insert the YP_INTERDOMAIN into the output. This key causes ypserv(8) to use DNS for host name and address lookups for hosts not found in the maps. -c send a YPPROC_CLEAR to the local ypserv(8). This causes ypserv to invalidate all cached entries. -l Convert the keys of the given map to lower case. -i YP_INPUT_NAME Create a special entry with the key YP_INPUT_NAME. -m YP_MASTER_NAME Create a special entry with the key YP_MASTER_NAME. If no master host name is specified, YP_MASTER_NAME will be set to the local host name. -o YP_OUTPUT_NAME Create a special entry with the key YP_OUTPUT_NAME. -r Handle `#' as comment sign and remove the comment. -s Secure map. Accept connections from secure NIS networks only (reserved ports). -u dbname Dump a ypserv database file. Prints out the file in text format, one entry per line, with a single space separating keys from values. --no-limit-check Don't check for NIS key and data limit. SEE ALSO
ypserv(8) AUTHOR
makedbm was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org>. NIS Reference Manual 09/26/2007 MAKEDBM(8)