Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: routing and firewall
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users routing and firewall Post 302319475 by otheus on Monday 25th of May 2009 10:36:49 AM
Old 05-25-2009
The problem is that your rule blocks both the ping request AND ping replies to 192.168.1.5. You might need to use the conntrack module:
Code:
iptables -A FORWARD -s 0/0 -i eth0 -d 192.168.1.5 -o eth1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s 0/0 -i eth0 -d 192.168.1.5 -o eth1 -j REJECT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing

I have SCO Unix. I have 2 routers. as it is now, when someone telnets to UNIX and goes through router #1 everything is fine. The users who go through router #2 can not connect at all. I talked to CISCO and they said I need to set up a second Gateway on UNIX. They said what is happening is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john fli
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Routing

ok i configured my gateway and IP address(es) using ifconfig and route.. but how can i bind unique IPs to users ? (im using FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE #3) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevilGREEN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

routing

Can anyone help with the following; I am working on a unix server (Apple OS X Server). We have two network cards in the server. Both cards are on different subnets i.e en1 is on 192.168.10.10/24 and the built in ethernet is on 10.10.150.10/24. From a computer plugged into en1 (and set to ip... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrthrt
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Firewall - 2 Internet accesses - routing rules from source

Hello, I would like to modify my firewall configuration for being able to handle 2 internet connections in my Red zone. I would then like to configure some selecting routing rules depending on the internal source. Actual configuration: ===================== 1 router A (ISP)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: el70
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

6. Linux

Routing

Hello Friends I have two network cards eth0 192.168.100.1 eth1 10.0.0.1 There NIC connect with diff. LAN I want to make my Linux machine as a Router, Please tell me using IPTABLES command ROUTE command :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

IP Routing

I am using RedHat Linux 9, In this box their are two lan intefaces. eth0 ====> LAN 192.168.100.100 255.255.255.0 eth1 ====> Internet Static IP 255.255.255.0 59.144.168.226 (Gateway) I want to define a gateway 59.144.168.226 for my LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing tables

Hey guys, I needed to add a route to my routing table and I got it to work but on reboot it gets removed. Anyone know what file I can add this route to so it stays on the machine after a reboot? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP me please. UNIX Routing

Hello everybody, I need help: I have to make routing between two different LAN. I have the IP for first network 81.180.75.70 and the mask is 255.255.255.192 and for the second network: 192.168.1.1 and the mask 255.255.255.0 So, each network has only one PC with windows (this is for test),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meorfi
0 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco IOS ACL SYNOPSIS
fwb_iosacl [-vV] [-d wdir] [-4] [-6] [-i] -f data_file.xml object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_iosacl is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco IOS ACL configuration file. The configuration is written to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". Compiler generates extended access lists for Cisco routers running IOS v12.x using "ip access-list <name>" syntax. Compiler also generates "ip access-group" commands to assign access lists to interfaces. Generated ACL configuration can be uploaded to the router manually or using built-in installer in the fwbuilder(1) GUI. The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-4 Generate iptables script for IPv4 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. Options "-4" and "-6" are exclusive. If neither option is used, compiler tries to generate both parts of the script, although generation of the IPv6 part is controlled by the option "Enable IPv6 support" in the "IPv6" tab of the firewall object advanced settings dialog. This option is off by default. -6 Generate iptables script for IPv6 part of the policy. If any rules of the firewall refer to IPv6 addresses, compiler will skip these rules. -f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with ACL configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then gen- erated ACL will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_pix(1), fwb_ipfw(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)