Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue in uploading file using sftp Post 302319301 by durden_tyler on Monday 25th of May 2009 03:07:34 AM
Old 05-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaychandra
if [ "$ERR" != "Connecting to $SFTP_HOST..." ]; then
Well what is the value of ERR at this point ?

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a flat file into the database.

I want to upload a text file into the database. what is the command for that? Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balkrishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uploading directories via SFTP

Hello All, Is there a way to upload whole directories to a machine using sftp (scp is not an option)? I have to use sftp because the machine that I am connecting to only has SFTP abilities (uploading from a linux box to a windows box). Currently I am automating a copy however right now I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab623
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help uploading directories with SFTP

Hi, I am a newbie and not really familiar with commands, I have searched the forum, but there was only one thread. That thread suggested compressing it and then decompressing it. So I am wondering, what format do I compress it to, and how do I decompress it once I uploaded it from within SFTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greetea
4 Replies

5. AIX

File access issue through sftp/winscp

Hi, I have SSH where I want to restrict browsing for a user "drrep" to the assigned home directory only.So I have put a entry in the sshd_config file as “AllowFiles "drrep:/fcrarch/fl02r/*" as shown in the scrren below. But due to this setting none of the users are able to login through winscp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a file in ftp by culr?

I have ftp url, username and passwd. My file is named app.log. How do I upload this to my ftp server??? I read the manual but I didn't understand much...:cool: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl , uploading empty file.

Hi The below script used to work fine. Suddenly it's uploading empty file. I am very new to perl. Please help me to find out the problem. #!/usr/bin/perl #script: upload.pl use CGI qw/:standard/; print header, start_html('File upload'); print_form(); print_results() if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Resticting Only Uploading Of A File

I have setup our SFTP server: SFTP Setup: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp internal-sftp Match Group sftpusers PasswordAuthentication yes ChrootDirectory /srv/sftponly AllowTCPForwarding no X11Forwarding no ForceCommand internal-sftp Adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading using sftp file1 copied to file2

Hi All, i am using hp-ux server and doing mput command for uploading the multiple files. below is the code sftp hfjr@usilehrttlsd01.com cd /home/sftp_dir mput kk1 kk2 i am getting Uploading kk1 to /home/sftp_dir/kk2. problem is i am getting kk2 file only not kk1 file. when i am... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP File transfer issue

Hi guys, Need a quick and urgent help on below issue. One of our application is try to transfer the file to another host thru sftp process My file is about 1 GB. Job is getting hung while transferring the file. So when I login as sftp and check the file system space is only in MB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)