Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make python script ignore .htaccess Post 302319140 by medic on Sunday 24th of May 2009 08:09:30 AM
Old 05-24-2009
Question Make python script ignore .htaccess

I just wrote a tiny script with the help of ghostdog74 to search all my files for special content phrases.

After a few modifications I now made it work, but one problem is left. The files are located in public_html folder, so there might also be .htaccess files.

So I ignored scanning of that files, but for example if there is

Code:
<FilesMatch \.php$>
deny from all
</FilesMatch>

in it, the script is also not able to scan the .php files. So my question is if it is possible to tell python or the script or the cron that starts it to ignore what .htaccess tells it.

Hopefully someone has an idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a current running process ignore SIGHUP signal?

I ask this question since sometimes i run a time-consuming ftp in foreground and forget to use nohup ftp.sh & to put this work background and can still running after i log off. Assume this ftp task have run 1 hour, and still 1 hour time to end, i don't want to abort the ftp, first, i use ctrl+Z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensxiao
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make sed ignore lines

Hi I use sed in a script for severall changes in files. I whish one of the substitutions I made to be aplied to every line that has the word "scripts" with the exception for the ones that start with "rsh", wich I wish sed to ignore . Is this possible? If yes, how can I do it? The substitution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore diriectories within a script

Hi there, I have a small issue with a script that I am running. I need it to ignore certain dir when copying over files. Ie the code is pointing towards the dir etest but I need to ignore the dirs INLINE and ENG which is contained within this...could anyone give me a pointer on how to do this? I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ignore errors in script

I have a simple script that processes files. Here's a simplified example of what I'm doing: foreach t (web.*) mv $t dnw$t:e.log end foreach t (card.*) mv $t card$t:e.log end The problem is that sometimes there is no web.* file. In that case, I get an error "foreach: No match" and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: software5723
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all .htaccess files and make a backup copy in respective directories

Hey guys, I need to know how to locate all .htaccess files on the server and make a backup of them in the folder they reside before I run a script to modify all of them. So basically taking dir1/.htaccess and copying it as dir1/.htaccess_bk dir2/.htaccess copying as dir2/.htaccess_bk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore lines in Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script, which reads a *.txt file - line by line. In this text file, I have some lines beginning with "#" that I want to ignore : MY_FILE #blah blah blah 1 blah blah blah 2 blah blah blah 3 #blah blah blah 4 I want my script to read only the following lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: make dual vector dot-product more pythonic

I have this dot product, calculating weighted means, and is applied to two columns in a list: # calculate weighted values in sequence for i in range(len(temperatures)-len(weights)): temperatures.append(sum(*temperatures for j in range(len(weights))])) temperatures.append(sum(*temperatures... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD