Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Miss filesets
Operating Systems AIX Miss filesets Post 302319081 by bakunin on Saturday 23rd of May 2009 07:14:26 PM
Old 05-23-2009
Don't worry, this means nothing. It is probably some driver which didn't receive an update in ML 8 but did so in ML 9.

Find out which fileset is affected (see the pinned thread in this forum for a procedure) and post it, if you want to know more details.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AdvFS Filesets

I created an AdvFS fileset which consisted of 3 volumes. Well one of the disks has failed and I was wondering how I should handle this. I want to try to recover the data on the other two disks, but I'm not sure if this is even possible. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

During deleting just miss some folders

There is directory test: > ls -rtl total 12 drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 4096 Aug 17 09:57 test2 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:00 test -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:00 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:01 test12 -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 group1 16 Aug 17 10:01 test13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_junior
5 Replies

3. AIX

Update particular filesets

Hello, I must update xlC component for AIX 5300-03 system. The lslpp command displays following output: lslpp -l | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 9.0.0.5 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.2 xlC.cpp 6.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yac
2 Replies

4. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with Filesets

Hello, In my server ihave a problem with some installed packages ... /root#lslpp -l | grep LGTO LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.4.2.0 COMMITTED NetWorker Client lslpp: Error while processing fileset 9f827e6ef6ec223edb338bc4c37632ae. lslpp: No match was found for the SWVPD data search. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boudine
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hi All , I am unable to reinstall the OS on my Ultra Sparc 10. After the 1st CD is loaded when it goes for reboot its goes to ok prompt an its unable to boot. What could be reason for this behavior? while loading the OS its seems fine but unable to boot!! Then i tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use pipes but miss a action

please delete and see other post. Hi, Im using awk to go through every line, but i have to use it twice as the first awk finds all the lines with a number in one field and the pipes it to wc, and the second does the same as the first but it has a extra pipe into sort and uniq that finds all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredted40x
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

fast data access mmu miss

hello, before i have install solaris 9, is good. I would like to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a Sun Blade 150 blade. I create cdrom iso burning with a 10x was open I made a boot ok: boot cdrom I get the following error: fast data access mmu miss i do probe-ide all reset-all always ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do i miss counter or what

hello this script should show all users and space they used without problem : ls /home >> /root/users.txt cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do space=`du -s /home/$line` echo "$line space is $space" shift done but when i remove pipe ,script run without any output: ls /home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
showfsets(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showfsets(8)

NAME
showfsets - Display information about filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/showfsets [-b | -q] [-k] domain [fileset...] OPTIONS
Lists the names of the filesets in a file domain, without additional detail. Displays the total number of blocks and the number of free 1K blocks. Displays the quota limits for filesets in a domain. OPERANDS
Specifies the full path name of the AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of one or more filesets in the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The showfsets command displays the filesets (or clone filesets) and their characteristics in a specified domain. The characteristics of a fileset are: Fileset Identifier A fileset identifier is a combination of the file-domain identifier and an additional set of numbers that identify the fileset within the file domain. For example, the fileset identifier 2be95ef4.000a129.1.8001 consists of the following: 2be95ef4.000a129 1.8001 Clone status The status items of a clone fileset vary, depending on the fileset. Status items can include: Clone is Specifies the name of a clone fileset, if one exists for the parent fileset. Clone of Specifies the name of the parent fileset, if the displayed fileset is a clone fileset. Revision Specifies the number of times you revised a clone fileset. For example, if you recreate a clone fileset of the same parent fileset three times, the revision value is 3. Files Specifies the number of files in the fileset and the current file usage limits (quotas). SLim, the soft limit, is a quota that can be exceeded for a fixed period of time and HLim, the hard limit, is a quota that cannot be exceeded. Blocks Specifies the number of blocks that are in use by a mounted fileset and the current block soft and hard usage limits (quotas). For filesets that are not mounted, zero blocks will display. For an accurate display, the fileset must be mounted. Quota Status Specifies which quota types are enabled (enforced). The showfsets command with the -q option set displays block and file information for a specified domain or for one or more named filesets in the domain. The characteristics of a named fileset are: BF (block flag) Specifies block (B) and file (F) usage limits. A + in this field means that the soft limit is exceeded; a * means that the hard limit is reached. Block (512) Limits Specifies the number of blocks used, the soft limit (the number of blocks that can be exceeded for a period of time), the hard limit (the number of blocks that cannot be exceeded), and the grace period (the remaining time for which the soft limit may be exceeded). File Limits Specifies the number of files used, the soft and hard file limits for the fileset, and the grace period remaining. Note On a TruCluster Server, showfsets can sometimes report incorrect disk usage. Data in CFS client caches is synchronized to the server at least every 30 seconds. The disk usage reported does not account for dirty data in client caches that has not yet been synchro- nized to the server. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the command line and resulting display for the showfsets command: # showfsets usr_domain usr Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.1.8001 Clone is : usr_clone Files : 17644, SLim= 0, HLim= 0 Blocks (512) : 90582, SLim= 212000, HLim= 256000 Quota Status : user=on group=on usr_clone Id : 2f1dabd6.00059d50.3.8052 Clone of : usr Revision : 82 The following example shows the command line and resulting display when the fileset quota option is set: # showfsets -q test_domain Block (512) Limits File Limits Fileset BF used soft hard grace used soft hard grace fileset1 +- 1750 1500 2000 11:32 35 300 400 SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfset(8), rmfset(8) File Formats: advfs(4) showfsets(8)