Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 ! Post 302318954 by shipon_97 on Friday 22nd of May 2009 11:29:09 PM
Old 05-23-2009
Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

I am trying with root user and my desktop type is GNOME Desktop Environment .

How can I try in the command line ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Remove cluster package

Hi, Is there an easy way to remove a cluster/meta cluster package (along with all the packages contained in the cluster package) in Solaris 10 ? I'm new to Solaris. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agn
0 Replies

2. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Remove NIS user under RHEL

Hi, I can't delete an NIS user. Does it sound too simple for you? :( Here is the result: nis_server# ypcat passwd | grep heisgone heisgone:xxxxxx:1000:200:He is gone:/home/heisgone:/usr/bin/ksh nis_server# userdel heisgone userdel: error deleting password entry userdel: error deleting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove the LUN in RHEL?

Hi, How to remove the allocate SAN Lun on the Linux Server. I am using rhel 5.8. I have assigned a LUN to the existing Volume group. For eg: I have allocated a LUN with 20GB to the existing volume group(test123). Now, how can I take back the allocated lun without any issues. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

I can't remove rpm package

Hello!, I can't remove a rpm package with rpm -e net-snmp Nothing happened, and the process returns D status when i see with ps aux | grep rpm. When i say "Nothing Happened", the terminal don't return any message, and not remove the package. What can I do to remove? Ps: I work with Red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Douglas Ramalho
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 5.5: how to remove a clustered VG?

Hi all, I have a 2 node rhel 5.5 cluster (2 server and 1 quorum disk). I created 2 cluster resources using Luci web console, they are 2 Volume Groups. I want to remove that cluster and shutdown node 2, but I don't want to loose data on Volume Groups clustered. How can I remove that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppeunz
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3

I require to install xrdp for remote desktop access of my linux server (RHEL 7.3).I searched a lot for it in google, but not able to find any suitable package for the same.One post I have found where the server where I am need to connect the server in Internet.But it is not possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies
gnome-display-properties(1)					   User Commands				       gnome-display-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-display-properties - customize GNOME display behavior SYNOPSIS
gnome-display-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME display preference tool enables you to customize the screen resolution and refresh rate for your desktop. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-display-properties tool example% gnome-display-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-display-properties Executable for gnome-display-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-display-properties(1)