Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab problem in AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab problem in AIX Post 302318626 by naveen.kuppili on Friday 22nd of May 2009 02:14:30 AM
Old 05-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
is this "Get_File_Count.txt" file getting created??
Yes.It gets a value as per the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

2. AIX

crontab in AIX

Hi all, i am trying to reduce the file size of /var/adm/wtmp in my AIX servers and im using the method cp /dev/null /var/adm/wtmp to reduce it. I thought of automating it by including this command into crontab. Surprisingly, it doesn't work once i put into crontab, there is no error message thrown... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallbook
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab problem

Hi all, Why my crontab -e from root user is not accessible? It came out some sort of random number, 309. And also for other user, crontab -l came out crontab: can't open your crontab file. I'm grateful for any any help. thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab

Hi, I have one script which takes data from table and spools it into a file. When i am running manually all is fine but while trying same script thru crontab the spooled file is not getting generated..... :confused: The mail part is working fine....only prob is the spooled file. Please... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
15 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab problem

online* 22:25:22 svc:/system/cron:default cron service not able to start i tried to disble it is not working. showing online* status. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Crontab Problem

Dear All I have machine with SunOS APP5a 5.9 Generic_122300-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire With crontab like this : 59 23 * * * /home/lng/script/move_and_compress_logs_update.sh But that crontab cannot running at that time. I run my script by manually, the result is fine. What must I check at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab on AIX

Hi I'm trying to set up a crontab on AIX and for some reason it's not running my script at the specified time - here's what I have tried so far: 30 14 * * * <scriptname> 35 14 *** /directory/<scriptname> 40,14 *** /directory/<scriptname> (nb crontab won't accept the comma) 1 and 2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
10 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)