Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash script to extract spf records Post 302318444 by mbubb on Thursday 21st of May 2009 02:07:55 PM
Old 05-21-2009
Bash script to extract spf records

Hello

I am trying to generate a script to run on worldwide firewalls.

I need the spf block for large sites like google, etc so I can essentially whitelist google sites for users.

(Google here is just an example...)

Right now I am just testing Bash oneliners to see how I can isolate the data I need.

I want a list of networks with CIDR - this I can feed directly into my whitelist.

My script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

site=${1} # not necc - just like to have a variable for this

diglist=`dig txt ${site} | grep v=spf1 | cut -d : -f2 | cut -d " " -f1`   

arr01=( `dig txt  $diglist | grep v=spf1 | cut -d \" -f2 | sed s/ip4://g` )

for i in $(seq 1 $((${#arr01[*]} - 2)))
          do 
             echo ${arr01[${i}]}
          done

I am happy to say it more or less works for my purposes.

Quote:
mbubb@mbubb-laptop:/tmp/digGoog ebay.com
66.135.209.192/27
66.135.197.0/27
64.4.240.64/27
64.4.244.64/27
66.211.161.0/25

But it is not very good.

I see the recursion there with the dig statements and know there must be a better way. Lots of kludgy cut statements - I should be able to just capture the IP blocks and load them into an array.

With I knew Perl/Python a little better or even awk (keeping in a Bash frame of mind).

How could I fix this?

yrs

Michael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!!

I]hi all i am in confusion since last 2 days :( i posted thraed yesterday and some friends did help but still i couldnt get solution to my problem let it be very clear i have a long log file of alkatel switch and i have to seperate the minor major and critical alarms shown by ! , !! and !!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SPF records......please help

Does anybody know who I can set up SPR records? I've created a record and it says that I need to and I logged into the server as the root users via ssh and typed in /var/named (which my host told me to do) but all it said was I really need to add this because Microsoft is blocking emails... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In BIND 9.3 DNS trying to get past the 256 char limit in SPF TXT records

One way I was told to do was incase strings in quotes. But I was given this option if I can get it to work. Will this work for splitting up SPF records? I am try to make bx.example.com reference spf.eu.***, spfa.eu.***, spfb.eu.***, and spfc.eu.***. spf.eu.example.com 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanx
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write bash script that will automatically extract zip file

i'm trying to write a bash script that that will automatically extract zip files after the download. i writed this script #!/bin/bash wget -c https://github.com/RonGokhle/kernel-downloader/zipball/master CURRENDIR=/home/kernel-downloader cd $CURRENDIR rm $CURRENDIR/zipfiles 2>/dev/null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron gokhle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from list

Hi Gents, I have a file 1 like this 1 1000 20 2 2000 30 3 1000 40 5 1000 50 And I have other file 1 like 2 1 I would like to get from the file 1 the complete line which are in file 2, the key to compare is the column 2 then output should be. 2 2000 30. I was trying to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract UNIque records from File

Hi, I have a file with 20GB Pipe Delimited file where i have too many duplicate records. I need an awk script to extract the unique records from the file and put it into another file. Kindly help. Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract top 20 records from sybase db in shell script

Hi, I am new to advanced scripting. I need to get top 20 records from database (Sybase) with a condition that all Char/varchar columns should have more than 4 characters. I need to do this via shell scripting, I have got half logic (on how to get varchar/char columns and stored it in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml in shell script and extract records with specific condition

Hi I have xml file with multiple records and would like to extract records from xml with specific condition if specific tag is present extract entire row otherwise skip . <logentry revision="21510"> <author>mantest</author> <date>2015-02-27</date> <QC_ID>334566</QC_ID>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to extract paragraph with globs in it

Hi, Its been a long time since I have used Bash to write a script so am really struggling here. Need the gurus to help me out. uname -a Linux lxserv01 2.6.18-417.el5 i have a text file with blocks of code written in a similar manner ******* BEGIN MESSAGE ******* Station /... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
12 Replies
Finance::QuoteHist::Google(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Finance::QuoteHist::Google(3pm)

NAME
Finance::QuoteHist::Google - Site-specific class for retrieving historical stock quotes. SYNOPSIS
use Finance::QuoteHist::Google; $q = Finance::QuoteHist::Google->new ( symbols => [qw(IBM UPS AMZN)], start_date => '01/01/1999', end_date => 'today', ); foreach $row ($q->quotes()) { ($symbol, $date, $open, $high, $low, $close, $volume) = @$row; ... } DESCRIPTION
Finance::QuoteHist::Google is a subclass of Finance::QuoteHist::Generic, specifically tailored to read historical quotes from the Google web site (http://finance.google.com/). Google does not currently provide information on dividends or splits. Please see Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3) for more details on usage and available methods. If you just want to get historical quotes and are not interested in the details of how it is done, check out Finance::QuoteHist(3). METHODS
The basic user interface consists of a single method, as shown in the example above. That method is: quotes() Returns a list of rows (or a reference to an array containing those rows, if in scalar context). Each row contains the Symbol, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, and Volume for that date. Quote values are pre-adjusted for this site. REQUIRES
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic DISCLAIMER
The data returned from these modules is in no way guaranteed, nor are the developers responsible in any way for how this data (or lack thereof) is used. The interface is based on URLs and page layouts that might change at any time. Even though these modules are designed to be adaptive under these circumstances, they will at some point probably be unable to retrieve data unless fixed or provided with new parameters. Furthermore, the data from these web sites is usually not even guaranteed by the web sites themselves, and oftentimes is acquired elsewhere. Details for Googles's terms of use can be found here: http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?loc=us If you still have concerns, then use another site-specific historical quote instance, or none at all. Above all, play nice. AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3), Finance::QuoteHist(3), perl(1). perl v5.12.4 2010-06-07 Finance::QuoteHist::Google(3pm)