Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl issue - please help!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl issue - please help! Post 302318096 by quine on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 07:16:45 PM
Old 05-20-2009
I believe the structure <DATA> only returns ONE line at a time...

You need to put it in a loop...

$state = 0;
$line = <DATA>;
$state = 1 if $line =~ /#ddffff/i;
while (<DATA>){
$keep_line = $_ if ($state && $_ =~ /NC_/);
# Now do something with $keep_line to persist it...
$state = 1 if $_ =~ /#ddffff/i;
$state = 0 if $_ =~ /^\s+&/;
}

Assuming blank lines between paragraphs, set a $state variable to 1 (some TRUE) value if you encounter a /#bbffff/ line... Now with the state set to TRUE, look for your NC_ pattern and save the line. The next blank, set state back to zero so that the next paragraph will NOT be searched unless you find #ddffff etc. There's probably a more elegant way to do it, but this should get you started...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with if loop in perl

Hi I have a log file, I am having problem with "if else" loop in my perl script which does, find a string in that file ,If that string is found append to success.txt else append it to failed.txt. problem is: else part of loop it is not working I am adding problem part of the script. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl issue ..

hi one perl issue i have xml file with 2 values and one condition b.w them <rule> <val1>12</val1> <cond>and</cond> <val2>13</val2> </rule> i read these values in hash in perl code $one{val1} = 12 $one{cond} = and $one{val2} = 13 now i want to form... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Issue - Please Help * Thanks!!!

Please help me with my script please. I am trying to do the following: 1. Read files for the current directory 2. Open and read from nbe files files only 3. Read only the lines with the results pattern 4. Split the line and print 3rd field Please indicate what line I need to modify. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Issue

Hi, I got this script from the web, this generates an LDAP report in CSV format. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Copyright (c) 2004 # Ali Onur Cinar &060;cinar&064;zdo.com&062; # # License: # # Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its # documentation for... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj001
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc -l command issue with perl

Hi Team, the Following program execute with out error but the out is not save with create2.txt. kindly help me!!! print "Enter your Number \n"; my $name = <STDIN>; if ($name =="*91111*") { @dirlist1 = `wc -l $name > create2.txt`; } else {print "do not match";} (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adaleru
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl command issue

Hi, Please could someone advise on a perl command : export ENVPROP="$HOME/cfg/environment.properties.template" export LM_LICENSE=`awk -F= '!/^#/ && /LM_LICENSE/{print $2}' environment.properties` echo $LM_LICENSE $DATA_FILE/licenses/sample.demo.lic perl -i -npe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venhart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - issue with OPEN

Hi, I have a menu script written in PERL which calls some shell scripts and displays the return. I'm having a problem with OPEN. A section of the code is below: `./scriptlist.ksh 1`; open OUTPUT, "</home/$SCRIPTUSER/output"; { local $/ = undef; $_ =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl format issue

Input : day :15 and count -100 printf ("%6.6ld %10.10s %s\n",day,count) any idea what would be the format it will be. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Out of memory issue in perl

I am getting a out of memory issue while executing the perl program. Per version : /opt/acc_perl/lib/site_perl/5.14.2 Read in 54973 total records Read in 54973 table records from table. Out of memory! so the job get failed due to out of memory. need to get rid of the out of memory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies

10. Programming

Perl - EMail issue - NEED Help

I have a perl that is sending emails in a bad format: "begin 644 Included.doc M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BH*4U5#0T534T953"!-1$XG<R!F;W(@07)C:&EV92!022`M M($-A;F-E;`HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)											     SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)

sybase_set_message_handler - Sets the handler called when a server message is raised

SYNOPSIS
bool sybase_set_message_handler (callable $handler, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
sybase_set_message_handler(3) sets a user function to handle messages generated by the server. You may specify the name of a global func- tion, or use an array to specify an object reference and a method name. PARAMETERS
o $handler - The handler expects five arguments in the following order: message number, severity, state, line number and description. The first four are integers. The last is a string. If the function returns FALSE, PHP generates an ordinary error message. o $link_identifier - If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback function <?php function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> Example #2 sybase_set_message_handler(3) callback to a class <?php class Sybase { function handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } } $sybase= new Sybase(); sybase_set_message_handler(array($sybase, 'handler')); ?> Example #3 sybase_set_message_handler(3) unhandled messages <?php // Return FALSE from this function to indicate you can't handle // this. The error is printed out as a warning, the way you're used // to it if there is no handler installed. function msg_handler($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text) { if (257 == $msgnumber) { return false; } var_dump($msgnumber, $severity, $state, $line, $text); } sybase_set_message_handler('msg_handler'); ?> NOTES
Note This function is only available when using the CT library interface to Sybase, and not with the DB library. PHP Documentation Group SYBASE_SET_MESSAGE_HANDLER(3)