Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copying files to new dir
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying files to new dir Post 302318067 by TonyFullerMalv on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 04:44:09 PM
Old 05-20-2009
The braces { and } denote that what is inside them is the variable name, it is good practice to always use them for variables in shell scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying a file from one dir to another dir

hi i have a script compareFiles() { find /tmp/Satya -type f | \ while read filename1 do echo "----------------------------------------$filename1" find /tmp/Satya -type f | \ while read filename2 do if diff $filename1 $filename2 then echo "Both files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying dir (and sub dir) file names from ftp server to txt file in diff server

Hey all, i want to copy only the file names from an ftp server (directory and all sub directory) to a text file in another server (non ftp), i.e. i want to recursively move through directories and copy only the names to a text file. any help is appreciated...thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deking
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from one dir to another

Hi Folks, I have one curious case. There are list of following files placed in one directory such as... And updated each month. files.JAN09.csv files.FEB09.csv files.MAR09.csv ..... Now, I need to move a specific files; i.e, For this month, I need to move only OCT09, NOV09, DEC09,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to new dir structure.

I am trying to figure out a way to script copying specific files from one dir structure to another. I have a dir structure like this: dira/author 1/book 1/file a.epub /book 2/file b.epub /author 2/book 1/file c.epub /author 3/book 1/file d.epub /book 2/file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcanas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying the dir/subdir structure from one server to another?

Hi All, I want to copy the dir/subdir structure from SERVER-A to SERVER-B without copying all the files in each dir. Is it possible using SCP / SFTP command? For example, SERVER-A has following two dir/subdirectories and files under each subdir. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with copying files into dir inside for loop

Hi , I'm trying to move/copy the files inside the loop into a directory . I tried the below code and the issue is the data is not copying into the created directory but the files are copying into another file file_path="/home/etc" Last_Day=20130930 mkdir $file_path/ARC_${Last_Day} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Copying ONLY files from one dir to another

I'm writing a Perl script which has its 1st step as to copy files from one directory to another directory. The Source directory has got files with extension, without extension, directories etc. But I want to copy ONLY files with no extension. The files with extensions and directories should not get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
2 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
BITPIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BITPIM(1)

NAME
bitpim - utility to communicate with many CDMA phones SYNOPSIS
bitpim [ -c file | -d dir ] [ -f model ] [ -p device ] [ bitfling ] [ debug ] [ cli-command ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bitpim command. BitPim allows you to view and manipulate data on many phones from LG, Samsung, Sanyo, and other manufacturers that use Qualcomm CDMA chips. Depending on your phone model, you may be able to access the phone book, the calendar, wallpapers, ring tones, and the filesystem. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -c file Read configuration from file. -d dir Read configuration from dir/.bitpim. -f model Assume a phone type of model rather than what the configuration file specifies. Particularly useful in CLI mode. -p device Communicate with the phone via the device ("port") device. bitfling Run as bitfling(1). debug Print debugging information to standard output and standard error. cli-command Interact with the phone's filesystem via a command-line interface. The command must be a single (quoted) argument, and can take any of the following forms: cli Bring up an interactive shell, allowing all of the below commands as well as a few others (cd dir, cdu, exit, and pwd or equivalently cwd). cp src [...] destdir Copy files to, from, or within the phone. ll dir [...] Print a detailed listing of the specified phone directory or directories. ls dir [...] Print a brief listing of the specified phone directory or directories. mkdir dir [...] Create a directory on the phone. rm file [...] Remove one or more files from the phone. rmdir dir [...] Remove one or more directories, which must already be empty, from the phone. Please note that none of these commands accepts wildcards. To indicate that an argument denotes a file or directory on the phone, you can prefix it with phone:; this is mainly relevant for cp, which performs phone-to-PC copies unless otherwise directed. FILES
$HOME/.bitpim-files/.bitpim The default configuration file. SEE ALSO
bitfling(1), http://www.bitpim.org/. AUTHOR
bitpim was primarily written by Roger Binns <rogerb@rogerbinns.com>. This manual page was written by Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2007-12-12 BITPIM(1)