Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "dynamic" case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "dynamic" case Post 302317662 by devtakh on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 01:57:25 PM
Old 05-19-2009
Not sure if you intended to do this

Code:
print -n "Enter the number of the disk you wish to use for this zone (or q to exit): "; read DISKINFO
clear
header
DISKINFO=\$DISK$DISKINFO;
print; zpool_vdev; print "You have selected $DISKINFO"

Cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy "cp" command how distinquish upper/lower case

hello, i thought this should work to specify that i want to "cp" all files no matter what the case, ie upper or lower, as i have 2 files called Makefile and mak cp -i mak* but apparently the -i isn't a valid option like it is with grep thanks for any suggestions! bobk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobk544
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a list of dynamic names to a "PS" command in shell script?

Hi, I am new to shell script. This is my first post .I have written a small script which returns list of names starts with "ram" in /etc/passwd .Here is that:- #!/bin/ksh NAME_LIST="name_list.txt" cat /dev/null > $NAME_LIST evalcmd="cat /etc/passwd | grep "^ram?*" | cut -d: -f1" eval... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Should I say "field 8" or "column 8" in this case?

I saw some recent posts where I thought the terms "field" and "column" were being misused. I work with data a lot, and have my opinions. I'm wondering if those opinions are correct. ***** Rows seem clear - I don't think there is any controversy about what a row is, either for database or text... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
rwsnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						       rwsnoop(1m)

NAME
rwsnoop - snoop read/write events. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
rwsnoop [-jPtvZ] [-n name] [-p PID] DESCRIPTION
This is measuring reads and writes at the application level. This matches the syscalls read, write, pread and pwrite. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-j print project ID -P print parent process ID -t print timestamp, us -v print time, string -Z print zone ID -n name process name to track -p PID PID to track EXAMPLES
Default output, # rwsnoop Print zone ID, # rwsnoop -.Monitor processes named "bash", # rwsnoop -n bash FIELDS
TIME timestamp, us TIMESTR time, string ZONE zone ID PROJ project ID UID user ID PID process ID PPID parent process ID CMD command name for the process D direction, Read or Write BYTES total bytes during sample FILE filename, if file based. Reads and writes that are not file based, for example with sockets, will print "<unknown>" as the file- name. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
rwsnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
rwtop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jul 24, 2005 rwsnoop(1m)