Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backup on aix
Operating Systems AIX backup on aix Post 302317647 by lo-lp-kl on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 01:22:02 PM
Old 05-19-2009
backup on aix

Thanks funksen

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX backup and restore

Hello, Some background so you can see what I'm trying to do on AIX: In Windows its possible to partition a single hard drive into 2 separate logical paritions which may appear as a C and a D drive. It is then possible to to use 3rd party software such as Power Quest Drive Image to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with AIX and backup command

:) Hi my name is Ricardo !!!! I am using backup command in order to backup a server which its running AIX operating system. But I want to backup more than one filesytem in my script, this script send my backup to /dev/rmt0 (tape drive). my trouble is that I donīt know how to tell my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickie
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix backup error

Hi I am receiving the following backup error when using backup -0uf /dev/rmt0.1 for the file system backup: Backing up /dev/rfslv00 (/u04) to /dev/rmt0.1. backup: 0511-251 The file system is still mounted; data may not be consistent. Use the umount command to unmount the filesystem;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. AIX

Backup AIX to DVDs

Hello, Is there a way to backup AIX to CD's? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX script, help I'm just a backup!

Hello, I am trying to get the following Lawson command to work in an AIX script for a developer and I'm stumped, the Admin for this server is on vacation and I have very limited AIX scripting knowledge, I cannot seem to get this to work no matter what I try... lawcmp test900 ap HM500 This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_aix
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup linux like aix

Hello everyone I need to backup some boxes with redhat enterprise for power. I was looking for software but I need to umount filesystems,etc,etc. I need a software that backup like I do with my aix boxes. mksysb command and thatīs it. Because I need to do online, with no umount fs. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

7. AIX

[Tip] Backup and restore on AIX

Pretty penny's. Just remember that mksysb and savevg are just front-ends for backup. In other words, backups on AIX are organized by volume groups. mksysb is specialized for rootvg and savevg is used for other volume groups. Ignoring that rootvg also creates files needed to boot a system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
1 Replies

8. AIX

Backup software for AIX

Hello, Looking for some backup software for AIX , once tivoli is bit expensive , i'm searching for alternatives, do you guys have some experience with some other software? Cheers, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX backup solutions

Currently I am backing up AIX to tape. I would like to setup a back that goes to another server either windows or linux that we already backup and send offsite automatically. Is this possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
5 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
       backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string

SYNOPSIS
       backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help]

backup ap -t <help string> [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short
       description the string specified by the -topic argument.

To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>
	   Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only.  If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double
	   quotes (" ") or other delimiters.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any
       backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line.

EXAMPLES
       The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions:

% backup apropos tape
	  labeltape: label a tape
	  readlabel: read the label on tape
	  scantape: dump information recovery from tape

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_help(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)