Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update technology level
Operating Systems AIX Update technology level Post 302317635 by homeyjoe on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 12:44:50 PM
Old 05-19-2009
So you are basically at TL8, only the ifor_ls.html.en_US.base.cli fileset needs to be updated to 5.3.8.0 or higher.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. AIX

Technology Level update errors

Hello, I recently did an update from 5300-0-0 to 5300-05-06. When I run lppchk -v I get the following errors: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: invscout.rte 2.1.0.0 (not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Technology Level 9

Hi Guys I am currently running AIX 5.3 technology level 6 on a 570, but want to go up to level 9. However I am struggling to find on IBM's website the new features that it brings in, along with the commands for these new features. Can any one help me with this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanbsc@gmail.c
7 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

5. Solaris

What update level included fcinfo?

Hi all first post here. quick question what Solaris 10 update level included this utility? I have a bunch of Sun boxes at varying levels of Solaris 10 some have it some do not. When I do my install I take the full option for the packages to install on all the systems. thanks in advance... Mike (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_243us
4 Replies

6. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies
rmfset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rmfset(8)

NAME
rmfset - Removes a fileset or a clone fileset from an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/rmfset [-f] domain fileset OPTIONS
Turns off the message prompt. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be removed from the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
The rmfset command removes a fileset (and all of its files) from an existing AdvFS file domain. Unless you use the -f option, you are prompted with the following request before a fileset is removed: rmfset: remove fileset <filesetname>? [y/n] If you answer n, the fileset is not removed. If you answer y, the fileset is removed. The -f option is useful for scripts or when you do not want to be queried about each fileset. If you choose the -f option, no prompts are displayed. The rmfset command operates as if you responded yes to the prompt. Unmount a fileset before removing it with the rmfset command. RESTRICTIONS
A fileset or clone fileset cannot be removed with this command if it is mounted. A fileset that has a clone fileset cannot be removed with this command until the clone fileset has been removed. You must be the root user to use this command. An rmfset operation can hang if you attempt to remove a fileset and the target AdvFS domain is experiencing heavy I/O. To work around the restriction, avoid using the utility on busy AdvFS domains. EXAMPLES
The following example deletes the test_fset fileset from the test_domain file domain. In this example, the test_fset fileset is mounted on the /mnt3 directory: # umount /mnt3 # rmfset test_domain test_fset rmfset: remove fileset test_fset? [y/n] y # SEE ALSO
Commands: mkfset(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8), mount(8) Functions: advfs_rmfset(3) File Formats: advfs(4) rmfset(8)