Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using the "Less Than" (-lt) switch on numbers with decimal places? Post 302317606 by thanhdat on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 11:31:58 AM
Old 05-19-2009

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert "text" to "packed-decimal"?

Is there a way with HP-UX Release 10.20 (but going to HP-UX 11) to convert a regular "text" file to a packed data format (such as is created by a Cobol program)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuskyJim
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and "-print" switch

I would like to know what is "-print" switch for. I read the man page but still I don't understand why we need that switch. Thank you very much! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

decimal output "bc not working"

i have variable a=5 and b=1 i want to do b/a i.e 1/5 and want decimal output if i tried with bc cmd then it will give ans without decimal digits. please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - differential file comparator SYNOPSIS
diff [ -efbh ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Diff tells what lines must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement. If file1 (file2) is `-', the standard input is used. If file1 (file2) is a directory, then a file in that directory whose file-name is the same as the file-name of file2 (file1) is used. The normal output contains lines of these forms: n1 a n3,n4 n1,n2 d n3 n1,n2 c n3,n4 These lines resemble ed commands to convert file1 into file2. The numbers after the letters pertain to file2. In fact, by exchanging `a' for `d' and reading backward one may ascertain equally how to convert file2 into file1. As in ed, identical pairs where n1 = n2 or n3 = n4 are abbreviated as a single number. Following each of these lines come all the lines that are affected in the first file flagged by `<', then all the lines that are affected in the second file flagged by `>'. The -b option causes trailing blanks (spaces and tabs) to be ignored and other strings of blanks to compare equal. The -e option produces a script of a, c and d commands for the editor ed, which will recreate file2 from file1. The -f option produces a similar script, not useful with ed, in the opposite order. In connection with -e, the following shell program may help maintain multiple versions of a file. Only an ancestral file ($1) and a chain of version-to-version ed scripts ($2,$3,...) made by diff need be on hand. A `latest version' appears on the standard output. (shift; cat $*; echo '1,$p') | ed - $1 Except in rare circumstances, diff finds a smallest sufficient set of file differences. Option -h does a fast, half-hearted job. It works only when changed stretches are short and well separated, but does work on files of unlimited length. Options -e and -f are unavailable with -h. FILES
/tmp/d????? /usr/lib/diffh for -h SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), ed(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no differences, 1 for some, 2 for trouble. BUGS
Editing scripts produced under the -e or -f option are naive about creating lines consisting of a single `.'. DIFF(1)