Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interprocess Communication
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Interprocess Communication Post 302317533 by Neo on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 08:51:18 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe
... this is not an homework I am just trying to understand IPC and was asking for opinions!Smilie
Looks like a homework question to me.

We get a lot of IPC questions, and none of them are abstract and vague, without context.

I still think it is homework Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interprocess communication using pipes and fork

I'm very worried. I have an assignment that is due in 3 weeks, and also tute exercises which I can't seem to understand and work out. Okay, the question: The parent process will convert the command arguments into integer values using atoi() and store them into an integer array which you will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scmay
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pipe, interprocess communication

Earlier I posted a question regarding this issue. I managed to go a step further. Anyway, this is another similar question Write a programme that creates a ring of three processes connected by pipes. The first process should prompt the user for a string and then send it to the second process .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scmay
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interprocess communication status

hello gurus, I was wondering if someone would help me shed more light on this command. What I know so far is ipcs - stands for inter-process communication status and it reports on the following types of system resources. 1) Message queues 2) Shared memory and 3) Semaphores Please explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
4 Replies

4. Solaris

help on network communication

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

6. AIX

communication problems

hello i'v two aix servers 4.3. last night the goes down becuse electrical f problems. when the servers comes up i've notice that file /unix is gone. i've fix it and the problem fixed. after few hours the same crash becuse elctrical problems. file /unix is there , but now i've a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Communication over firewall

Hey GUys, Once again I run in to problem and I am here for ur help. I have two sun(solaris) box on company LAN. One Unix Box is behind the firewall and the other one is Outside the firewall. The thing i need to do is remote display a graphic on Unix box outside the firewall to the Unixbox... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging/Reading Interprocess Communications

Greetings, I'm posting this in the shell scripting forum because I'm hoping this can be done in BASH or PERL. If not, I'm still open to suggestions of other ways to do it: I've got an iPhone app that's sending some encrypted (SSL) traffic to a server and I'd like to be able to read the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FiZiX
0 Replies
IPC::Run::SafeHandles(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				IPC::Run::SafeHandles(3pm)

NAME
IPC::Run::SafeHandles - Use IPC::Run and IPC::Run3 safely SYNOPSIS
use IPC::Run::SafeHandles; DESCRIPTION
IPC::Run and IPC::Run3 are both very upset when you try to use them under environments where you have STDOUT and/or STDERR tied to something else, such as under fastcgi. The module adds safe-guarding code when you call IPC::Run or IPC::Run3 under such environment to make sure it always works. If you intend to release your code to work under normal envionrment as well as under fastcgi, simply use this module after the "IPC" modules are loaded in your code. unimport When unimport, the original IPC::Run and/or IPC::Run3 functions are restored. AUTHOR
Chia-liang Kao, "<clkao at bestpractical.com>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-ipc-run-safehandles at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=IPC-Run-SafeHandles>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc IPC::Run::SafeHandles You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/IPC-Run-SafeHandles> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/IPC-Run-SafeHandles> o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=IPC-Run-SafeHandles> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/IPC-Run-SafeHandles> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007 Chia-liang Kao, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2009-01-28 IPC::Run::SafeHandles(3pm)