Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using perl or awk to print output Post 302317391 by summer_cherry on Monday 18th of May 2009 11:36:26 PM
Old 05-19-2009
perl:

Code:
my %hash;
while(<DATA>){
	chomp;
	my @tmp=split("=",$_);
	$hash{$tmp[0]}=$tmp[1];
}
open $fh,"<","a.spl";
while(<$fh>){
	chomp;
	/([A-Z])\s*->\s*([A-Z])/;
	print $_;
	for(my $i=1;$i<=20;$i++){
		if($i == $hash{$1}){
			print " ",$i,":",-1;
		}
		elsif($i == $hash{$2}){
			print " ",$i,":",1;
		}
		else{
			print " ",$i,":",0;
		}
	}
	print "\n";
}
__DATA__
A=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G=6
H=7
I=8
K=9
L=10
M=11
N=12
P=13
Q=14
R=15
S=16
T=17
V=18
W=19
Y=20

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to search and print output

suppose i have one file file A 18 24 30 35 38 45 55 Another file file B 08_46 A 16 V -0.36 0.23 E : 1.41 08_46 A 17 D -1.04 0.22 E : 0.84 08_46 A 18 Q -0.49 0.12 E : 0.06 08_46 A 19 G 0.50 0.14 E : 0.05 08_46 A 20 V ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk {print $NF} output??

Hi, I am trying to debug an old script and have found the problem lies within this function: isIdoc() { # validate the file type fileType=`file $1 | awk '{print $NF}'` && echo 0 || echo 1 } My question is, how can I determine what is in the variable $fileType ? The program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vervette
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse output and print it comma separated

I need to arrange output of SQL query into a comma separated format and I'm struggling with processing the output... The output is something like this: <Attribute1 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute2 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange perl print output behaviour

Hi, Today I have found the following case in perl: print "length:$lengths\tsum:". $count{$lengths}+$count_pair{$lengths}."\tindi:$count{$lengths}\t$count_pair{$lengths}\n";This give output as That means the first part of print is not printing. Only the values after the additions are printed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print output problem

Hello friends, I have written a script and i need to add some part into it so that i could print out more results depending on more conditions, This is the core part of the script which does the actual work: echo "$j" && nawk -v stat=$2 'NR==FNR &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in solving to obtain desired print output using awk or perl or any commands, Please help!!

I have an file which have data in lines as follows ad, findline=24,an=54,ab=34,av=64,ab=7989,ab65=34,aj=323,ay=34,au=545,ad=5545 ab,abc,an10=23,an2=24,an31=32,findline=00,an33=23,an32=26,an40=45,ac23=5,ac=87,al=76,ad=26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepKrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print commas between awk output

When I output fields 1 2 4 5 & 6, I would like to have a comma between them but I am beating my head against the wall to get it to work. Any help is appreciated sed 's/]*,]*/,/g' file1 > file1.$$ && awk -F, 'FNR==NR{f2=$1 $2 $4 $5 $6;next} FNR==1{print $0, "CDP NE Hostname,CDP NE IP,Remote... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
6 Replies
File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)

NAME
File::HomeDir::Unix - Find your home and other directories on legacy Unix SYNOPSIS
use File::HomeDir; # Find directories for the current user $home = File::HomeDir->my_home; # /home/mylogin $desktop = File::HomeDir->my_desktop; # All of these will... $docs = File::HomeDir->my_documents; # ...default to home... $music = File::HomeDir->my_music; # ...directory $pics = File::HomeDir->my_pictures; # $videos = File::HomeDir->my_videos; # $data = File::HomeDir->my_data; # DESCRIPTION
This module provides implementations for determining common user directories. In normal usage this module will always be used via File::HomeDir. SUPPORT
See the support section the main File::HomeDir module. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
File::HomeDir, File::HomeDir::Win32 (legacy) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. Some parts copyright 2000 Sean M. Burke. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-25 File::HomeDir::Unix(3pm)