Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl sort unicode non-ascii letters Post 302317382 by ahsog on Monday 18th of May 2009 10:28:36 PM
Old 05-18-2009
no, sorry, it is still not right, now the 'š' goes to the very end of the sorting:
Code:
aaa&ccc&ddd
aaa&bbb&ccc
aaa&aaa&bbb
bbc&aaa&aaa
cab&&
lmn&bbb&aaa
mmn&aaa&ccc
saš&&
sss&&aaa
tuaa&&
tuttu&&
tuuu&&
tuuū&&
tuwakiyambi&&
tūmbi&&
tūūū&&
uuu&&
zzz&&
šas&&
ššš&&

but the 'u' are fine as you see.
I used the command "file" to check the file encoding, and it reports utf-8 for both the test file and the script file.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Non-ascii character detection (perl or grep)

Hi, Can I know how to grep for lines with non-ascii characters in a file? If not grep, at least can we do it with command-line perl or awk? I tried the functionality of perl, but still could not get the result. Any help?? PS: I was sure that someone should have asked this question... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file with non ascii chars and cjk with perl

Hello, I am not a programmer, please be patient. Actually, I have started to look into Perl because it seems to be able to solve all the problems (or most of them) I happen meet using my computer. These problems are generally all text-manipulation-related. Although I started to study, I cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguity in unicode, Perl CGI

Hello, I was written a cgi with a textarea to save some words from web. I grab and write words like this: $cgiparams{'CONTENTS'} =~ s/\r//g; #$cgiparams{'CONTENTS'} =~ s/á/á/g; open(TM, ">$editedfilename"); #binmode(TM,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script backspace not working for Unicode characters

Hello, My Perl script reads input from stdin and prints it out to stdout. After I read input I use BACKSPACE to erase characters. However BACKSPACE does not work with Unicode characters that are multi-bytes. On screen the character is erased but underneath only one byte is deleted instead of all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort -t option causing code to fail need ASCII character

Hello, When I run this UNIX code without the -t option it gives me the desired results. The code keeps the record with the greatest datetime based on the key columns. I sort it first then sort it again with the -u option, that's it. I need to have a variable to specify an ASCII character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Unicode identification using PERL or AWK

Hello, I have a large file in UTF8 format with around 200 thousand plus strings which have a large number of scripts (code-blocks/code-pages). I need to extract from the file only the following: All strings having basic Latin characters: 0021-007E All strings in the Devanagari range: 0900 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion from EBCDIC to Ascii OR unicode

I have a file in my Unix ( SOLARIS ) with EBCDIC format...I want this file to read in ASCII OR unicode...Is it possible with UNIX to convert this file on ASCII OR UNICODE format from EBCDIC format? I was searching through web and found only conversion table :( Request Rejected Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult - Server Side Sort (SSS) result control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Control::Sort; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT); use Net::LDAP::Util qw(ldap_error_name); $sort = Net::LDAP::Control::Sort->new( order => "cn -age" ); $mesg = $ldap->search( @args, control => [ $sort ]); ($resp) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT ); if ($resp) { if ($resp->result) { my $attr = $resp->attr; print "Problem sorting, ",ldap_error_name($resp->result); print " ($attr)" if $attr; print " "; } else { print "Results are sorted "; } } else { print "Server does not support sorting "; } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult" is a sub-class of Net::LDAP::Control. It provides a class for manipulating the LDAP sort request control 1.2.840.113556.1.4.474 as defined in RFC-2891 A sort result control will be returned by the server in response to a search with a Server Side Sort control. If a sort result control is not returned then the user may assume that the server does not support sorting and the results are not sorted. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
attr If "result" indicates that there was a problem with sorting and that problem was due to one of the attributes specified in the sort control. "attr" is set to the name of the attribute causing the problem. result This is the result code that describes if the sort operation was sucessful. If will be one of the result codes describes below. METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. RESULT CODES
Possible results from a sort request are listed below. See Net::LDAP::Constant for a definition of each. LDAP_SUCCESS LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR LDAP_TIMELIMIT_EXCEEDED LDAP_STRONG_AUTH_REQUIRED LDAP_ADMIN_LIMIT_EXCEEDED LDAP_NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE LDAP_INAPPROPRIATE_MATCHING LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS LDAP_BUSY LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM LDAP_OTHER SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::Sort, Net::LDAP::Control, http://ww.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2891.txt AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult(3)