Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh login problem in hp-ux
Operating Systems HP-UX ssh login problem in hp-ux Post 302317340 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 18th of May 2009 06:02:54 PM
Old 05-18-2009
Is a sshd process running on the HP-UX machine or else a line in /etc/inetd.conf to start sshd if port 22 is accessed (the latter is a very rare configuration); if a sshd process is running does the sshd_config file have any allow_groups or allow_users lists defined in it limiting who may ssh in?

Securing Remote Sessions Using HP-UX Secure Shell (SSH) looks useful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH remote login problem

Hi: I have been given the responsibility of administering AIX 3.1 machine in my lab recently. And, I am having trouble logging on to the machine using SSH through windous systems. Thus, now no one is able to access it!! The following error message is displayed when I tried to login: "The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with ssh login

hi, i have red hat RHEL-5 on my machine, i ma trying to ssh login on remote machine root@localhost~]# ssh ip_address(of remote machine) it works fine if i know the password, i use wireless network so the ip keeps on changing,so is there any way to access the machine with some unique name, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankita tux
1 Replies

3. AIX

SSH login problem

The problem is to login with non-root users. This is the error: # ssh -l roberto srv2.domain.net roberto@srv2.domain.net's password: Last login: Tue Oct 21 09:39:35 DFT 2008 on /dev/pts/1 from 192.168.2.25 ******************************************************************************* * ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
15 Replies

4. Linux

Login Problem SSH/FTP

Hi I have a VPS with CentOS 5 installed and Kloxo v-6.1.4 as CP Suddenly I am not able to login FTP and SSH On FTP client I get the error: Could not connect to server And On Putty Server unexpectedly closed the network connection I have checked the /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh login

Hi, I am trying to login Server2 from server1 in a shell script and need to perfrom few commands, Below is the command i used to login to server2 from server1 ssh -l username server2 However everytime it executes it asking for password. How do write a script in such way it takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

ssh problem could not login

Dear all, I have unknowingly deleted openssh-server on one of my linux boxes... So I could not do ssh in to this machine and also could not scp to it. Now I need to copy and install openssh-server in this box.. How could I do as both ssh and scp is not working. Even FTP is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with ssh login without password

Hello friends, I have the problem with password less login in solaris 10. Issue : In solaris 10 I have 2 different users on is oracle and the other is archmon. when I try to ssh to the other server from oracle it is successful but when I try to ssh from archmon it fails, and it asks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankrv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ssh to try login only once

spawn ssh remotehost -l skysmart when the password is incorrect, this will attempt to log in 2 more times, before it exits. is there an option I can pass to ssh that'll make it try only once and will then abort immediately if the password is incorrect? something like: spawn ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh public/private key user login problem

I have a user account configuration with ssh public/private key that works on multiple servers centos and rhel. One server (Server F) that is not working in centos 6.8. When i ssh into server f I get prompted for a password. I have verified the config and it all is good. I put sshd into debug... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies
SSS_SSH_AUTHORIZEDKE(1) 					 SSSD Manual pages					   SSS_SSH_AUTHORIZEDKE(1)

NAME
sss_ssh_authorizedkeys - get OpenSSH authorized keys SYNOPSIS
sss_ssh_authorizedkeys [options] USER DESCRIPTION
sss_ssh_authorizedkeys acquires SSH public keys for user USER and outputs them in OpenSSH authorized_keys format (see the "AUTHORIZED_KEYS FILE FORMAT" section of sshd(8) for more information). sshd(8) can be configured to use sss_ssh_authorizedkeys for public key user authentication if it is compiled with support for either "AuthorizedKeysCommand" or "PubkeyAgent" sshd_config(5) options. If "AuthorizedKeysCommand" is supported, sshd(8) can be configured to use it by putting the following directive in sshd_config(5): AuthorizedKeysCommand /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys If "PubkeyAgent" is supported, sshd(8) can be configured to use it by using the following directive for sshd(8) configuration: PubKeyAgent /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys %u This is an experimental feature, please use http://fedorahosted.org/sssd to report any issues. OPTIONS
-d,--domain DOMAIN Search for user public keys in SSSD domain DOMAIN. -h,--help Display help message and exit. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(1). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
03/04/2013 SSS_SSH_AUTHORIZEDKE(1)