Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk if elseif syntax error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk if elseif syntax error Post 302317270 by vgersh99 on Monday 18th of May 2009 12:20:38 PM
Old 05-18-2009
Code:
$5 ~ /g[0-9][0-9][0-9]/
OR
$5 ~ "g[0-9][0-9][0-9]"

read 'man nawk' AGAIN!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk syntax error

can anyone see the awk syntax error near line 1? I keep getting this error and I'm not familiar with awk very well yet so it is hard for me to see the errors. fyi: deleteuser* refers to files in the directory where each one ends with a different date ls -1 /mfupload/prod02/ftp/deleteuser* |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax error

mVar=0 count=`awk -F, '( ( $2 ~ /^GIVEUP$/ && $3 ~ /^NEW$/ ) || ( $2 ~ /^SPLIT$/ && $3 ~ /^NEW$/ ) || ( $2 ~ /^OPTION$/ && $3 ~ /^NEW$/ ) || ( $2 ~ /^OPTIONSPLIT$/ && $3 ~ /^NEW$/ ) ) { count++ } END { print count }' myCSV.csv myVar=`expr $myVar + $count` Can I do this? I get a syntax... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error with awk.

A shell script a.sh calls an awk script using : awk -v OUTPUTDIR=${OUTPUTDIR}${OUTPUTDIRDATE} -f ${SCRIPTSPATH}chngNullBillId.awk ${INPUTFILE} chngNullBillId.awk : { if (substr($0,9,4)=="0000") printf( "%s0001%s", substr($0,1,8), substr($0,13,67) )>>${OUTPUTDIR}"goodfile.txt"; else print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'awk' syntax error

Due to some syntax error, my below code is not working. #!/usr/bin/ksh nawk ' BEGIN { cur_val=0; cur_zero=0; cur_nine=0; sum_zero=0; sum_nine=0; } /^/ { cur_val=substr($0,5,2); if("cur_val" == "0") { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokiman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk syntax error

I generate a fullpath variable two different ways: 1) concat two variables rootpath and relpath to give me fullpath 2) use 'find' to get the fullpath when I echo the variable, I get the same output for both. However, I print the variable from method 1 in the below loop I get "awk syntax... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax error

Hi, I can't see what is wrong with the following command. I am extracting a dollar amount (AMT_REJ, 6th field) from a comma delimited record and need to output it as numeric, removing the $sign and decimal point and output to another file. Everything seems to work except the $ sign which I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ski
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error using Awk

more report2.txt how to modify the AWK to print above out put for given n no of inputs using report2.txt file? out put should be (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If Then ElseIf Script - Confusion Around Expression's Syntax

Hello, I am relatively new to UNIX scripting and am learning a lot. I have already tried several searches on this website and have tried various syntax options suggested to no avail. I am obviously not writing the script correctly. I really do appreciate any and all the help. Below is an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dqrgk0
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax error

Hi All, I wrote a simple script.sh program for i in seq (22) do awk '$1==${i}' file1.txt|awk '{print $2}'> file${i}_study.txt done and then run it %bash %chmod +x script.sh % ./script.sh Give me error awk: $1==${i} awk: ^ syntax error Do you have any idea why... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)