Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing What does the 'probe' do in VCS? Post 302317255 by wireonfire on Monday 18th of May 2009 11:53:37 AM
Old 05-18-2009
From VCS doc, to check a resource whether it is configured and ready to be brought online.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

probe software

can anyone point me towards a program to list what's installed on my sunOS box and their version numbers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
2 Replies

2. Programming

PCI device probe and find

:confused: Hi, everybody. Pleeeeese HLP!!! I write PCI device driver for bridge controller PCI-VME bus in freeBSD 2.2. And firs run function probe(): static char* probe(tag, type). Whuy probe() don't work for my vendorID and deviceID (bridge controller and videoadapter). But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alex_T
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

4. Solaris

probe-scsi => error

i have a new netra 240 server when i make probe-scsi in obp i have this output : ERROR: /pci@1c,600000: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss am upgarading obp firmware but the problem is always here the os solaris 10) is installed correctely and i can use it , when i type #format i can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

5. BSD

PROBE not find the device ID

Hi All, Probe is not returning the Device ID, while device (PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge) is already detected by "lspci". I checked this with printing all the device ID which has been detected. Can anyone give me any suggestion or solution. Thanks (in advance) Appu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network probe script

Hi. I just wrote my first shell script, it's very ugly but it works. I was wondering if someone could help me clean it up a bit. Original Problem: Current command-line tool (FIND-NEIGHBORS.exe) outputs MAC addresses of neighboring wireless devices and I need the IP address instead;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeller
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network probe script

Hi. I just wrote my first shell script, it’s very ugly but it works. I was wondering if someone could help me clean it up a bit. Original Problem: Current command-line tool (FIND-NEIGHBORS.exe) outputs MAC addresses of neighboring wireless devices. I need the IP address instead;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeller
0 Replies

8. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs - not returning anything

HI I have a V240 server and the probe-scsi-all on the Ok prompt is taking forever. I have tried powercycling the server multiple times. also tried set-defaults and reset-all.. COuld anyone tell the solution to this.. I have run out of options now. Following is the only thing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
8 Replies

9. Solaris

VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation)

hi, dear all I get a problem "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 " on VCS 4.1 for Solaris 10. I can not offline the host2 when the raid is bad. I don't know the reason and how to offline host2 and switch to host1. please help me, thank you! the message of engine_A.log is : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Help Explain the output of probe-scsi

Can anyone explain the output of probe-scsi command below? ok probe-scsi Target 0 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A Target 1 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A I have no idea what it means. I tried to read online but I still did not understand. I appreciate... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8) 		     systemd-networkd.service			   SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service, systemd-networkd-wait-online - Wait for network to come online SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd-wait-online is a one-shot system service that waits for the network to be configured. By default, it will wait for all links it is aware of and which are managed by systemd-networkd.service(8) to be fully configured or failed, and for at least one link to gain a carrier. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -i, --interface= Network interface to wait for before deciding if the system is online. This is useful when a system has several interfaces which will be configured, but a particular one is necessary to access some network resources. This option may be used more than once to wait for multiple network interfaces. When used, all other interfaces are ignored. --ignore= Network interfaces to be ignored when deciding if the system is online. By default, only the loopback interface is ignored. This option may be used more than once to ignore multiple network interfaces. --timeout= Fail the service if the network is not online by the time the timeout elapses. A timeout of 0 disables the timeout. Defaults to 120 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)