Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: least-square fit in Gnuplot
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers least-square fit in Gnuplot Post 302317246 by cosmologist on Monday 18th of May 2009 11:18:48 AM
Old 05-18-2009
least-square fit in Gnuplot

Does anyone know how to find the best least square fit in Gnuplot?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD or Linux, which one is more fit for new man

Hello everyone. I'm a Chinese student.I want to learn something about OS, someone suggests me start with FreeBSD or Linux. Please tell me which one is more fit for new man. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: discoverer8713
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does APUE fit for linux?

i am reading APUE now,and the OS in the book seems different from RH9,which i installed in my computer. can you tell me if a linux environment can help me really understand the APUE?If not,which OS i should try,the BSD? THANKS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayuhao
1 Replies

3. Programming

relocation truncated to fit errors

I have 2 directories: a1 and b1 Directory b1 depends on directory a1 Using directory a1, I create a1.lib Using directory b1, I create b1.lib Now, using a1 and b1, I create a shared object ab1.so I've been able to build ab1.so just fine. I made an update to file b1.c and am now getting a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: houdini_1
1 Replies

4. Linux

relocation truncated to fit

Hi, I am getting linking error i.e. /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/include/caa_ResStateListener.hxx:79: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_GO T16 vtable for CAA::ResourceStateListener /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/lib//libcaad.a(caa_Main.o)(.text+0x88e6): In function `CAA::ResourceStateL... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgobbur
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Area of a square

I am just starting out with bash scripting. I tried a simple script to find the area of a square and it didnt run. #!/bin/bash #script to find area of a square based on user input if then echo " Usage -$0 x " echo " where x is the dimension of the square " exit 1 n1=$1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SnydeMz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep final set of parameters from fit.log gnuplot file

I would like to grep the final set of fit parameters from a gnuplot log file to form columns that look like this. a_1001 b_1001 x_1001 a_1002 b_1002 x_1002 a_1003 b_1003 x_1003 . . . . . . . . . a_1250 b_1250 c_1250 At... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
8 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)						      General Commands Manual							pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two images (the PSNR) SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)