Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script data & time validation Post 302317138 by tal on Monday 18th of May 2009 06:57:36 AM
Old 05-18-2009
sh union.sh 23/06 08:54:14

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in file validation by shell script

Hi I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following: We receve pipe delimited file with transaction ID,tran_date,Quest_cd,Ans_cd,ans_value. Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd. Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test File Reading & Validation using Shell script

Please help develop script for below requirement -------Sample file------------------------------- HSVSHOSTRECON 20090115011817BP DARMAR60064966247003504720000000000000000000066626000000000000133000003D003463001332 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: niraj_bhatt
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation in shell script.

PICKUPDIR=/home/ready/ DROPDIR=/home/downloaded/ TODAY=$(date '+%d%m%y') LOGFILE=xyz-$TODAY.log ########### #FUNCTIONS# ########### #function to perform file transfer to servercopy folder opalO () { cd $PICKUPDIR for fileName in `ls -1 TES_ONE*` do cp $fileName $DROPDIR done } >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove all lines which exceeds a particular date & time

I have a text file which got 6th coloumn as date and 7th coloumn as time. The text contains data for last one week. I need to remove all the data whose date & time is after 03/08/2011 06:00:00 and save it on another file TEXT FILE ======== 6 dbclstr-b IXT_Web Memphis_Prod_SQL_Diff... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script validation using process.

Hi All, I have a shell script in Linux and it will be invoked by 2 methods, 1) An automated background process . 2) Logining into the box and directly executing the script. I need to put a validation in my shell script such that it will be executed successfully on when an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vininx
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String validation in shell script

Hi All, I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement: assume my file has content: hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg world= gggg hhhh iiiii xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With UNIX Shell Scripting For Data Validation

Hi All, I am completely new to Unix Shell Scripting. I m validating(Basic File Validation) an .HHT file in TIBCO. After that i need to do Data Validation through UNIX Shell scripting. Rules in DataValidation: 1.) Need to Check Every field wheather it is a Char or Number?(Fields are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitanya K
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation to be added in the shell script

I need help with one of my shell script. The script is working fine but i need to add two condition - i need to get rid of all the below ftp messages and need to have only ftp completed or failed message. example when i run the script i get below lines - Connected to xxxx 220 (vsFTPd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with validation of URLs in shell script

hello every one I wrote the script to validate all the urls from my server . sourcing text file which contains the list of urls and trying to check every url and based on response printing url is up or not. the issue when i use the below code with url is printing url exist and and in loop it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
3 Replies
MOUNT_UNION(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_UNION(8)

NAME
mount_union -- mount union filesystems SYNOPSIS
mount_union [-b] [-o options] directory uniondir DESCRIPTION
The mount_union command attaches directory above uniondir in such a way that the contents of both directory trees remain visible. By default, directory becomes the upper layer and uniondir becomes the lower layer. Both directory and uniondir are converted to absolute paths before use. The options are as follows: -b Invert the default position, so that directory becomes the lower layer and uniondir becomes the upper layer. However, uniondir remains the mount point. -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Filenames are looked up in the upper layer and then in the lower layer. If a directory is found in the lower layer, and there is no entry in the upper layer, then a shadow directory will be created in the upper layer. It will be owned by the user who originally did the union mount, with mode "rwxrwxrwx" (0777) modified by the umask in effect at that time. If a file exists in the upper layer then there is no way to access a file with the same name in the lower layer. If necessary, a combination of loopback and union mounts can be made which will still allow the lower files to be accessed by a different pathname. Except in the case of a directory, access to an object is granted via the normal filesystem access checks. For directories, the current user must have access to both the upper and lower directories (should they both exist). Requests to create or modify objects in uniondir are passed to the upper layer with the exception of a few special cases. An attempt to open for writing a file which exists in the lower layer causes a copy of the entire file to be made to the upper layer, and then for the upper layer copy to be opened. Similarly, an attempt to truncate a lower layer file to zero length causes an empty file to be created in the upper layer. Any other operation which would ultimately require modification to the lower layer fails with EROFS. The union filesystem manipulates the namespace, rather than individual filesystems. The union operation applies recursively down the direc- tory tree now rooted at uniondir. Thus any filesystems which are mounted under uniondir will take part in the union operation. This differs from the union option to mount(8) which only applies the union operation to the mount point itself, and then only for lookups. EXAMPLES
The commands mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /usr/src mount -t union /var/obj /usr/src mount the CD-ROM drive /dev/cd0a on /usr/src and then attaches /var/obj on top. For most purposes the effect of this is to make the source tree appear writable even though it is stored on a CD-ROM. The command mount -t union -o -b /sys $HOME/sys attaches the system source tree below the sys directory in the user's home directory. This allows individual users to make private changes to the source, and build new kernels, without those changes becoming visible to other users. Note that the files in the lower layer remain accessible via /sys. SEE ALSO
intro(2), mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), fsck_ffs(8), mount(8), mount_null(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The mount_union command first appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
Without whiteout support from the filesystem backing the upper layer, there is no way that delete and rename operations on lower layer objects can be done. An attempt to mount a union directory under one which does not have whiteout support will return EOPNOTSUPP ("Operation not supported"). Whiteout support can be added to an existing FFS filesystem by using the -c option of fsck_ffs(8). Running find(1) over a union tree has the side-effect of creating a tree of shadow directories in the upper layer. BSD
February 5, 2008 BSD