Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu Post 302316833 by snatale1 on Saturday 16th of May 2009 11:14:04 PM
Old 05-17-2009
I used to use F-Prot worked real good, if you want a GUI you can get QT-Fprot. I did scans weekly but after a year or so I gave up, as stated above theres really no need to have an AV in Linux, Yes there are Linux/Unix viruses, but someone running Win with a totally locked down system will have an infection issue LONG before you have one without.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
SWISS::DTs(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SWISS::DTs(3pm)

Name
       SWISS::DTs

Description
       SWISS::DTs represents the DT lines within an Swiss-Prot + TrEMBL entry as specified in the user manual
       http://www.expasy.org/sprot/userman.html .

Inherits from
       SWISS::BaseClass.pm

Attributes
       "CREATED_date"
	   Creation date

"ANN_date"
	   Last annotation update

"SQ_date"
	   Last Sequence update

"CREATED_rel"
	   Created for release

"ANN_rel"
	   Last annotation for release

"SQ_rel"
	   Last sequence update for release

"ANN_version"
	   Version number for entry annotation

"SQ_version"
	   Version number for sequence

Methods
   Standard methods
       new
       fromText
       toText
       sort

Writing methods
       set_Created ($date, $release)
       set_AnnotationUpdate ($date, $release[, $version])
       set_SequenceUpdate ($date, $release[, $version])

TRANSITION
The format of the DT line will change in early 2004 from: DT 01-JUL-1993 (Rel. 26, Created) DT 01-JUL-1993 (Rel. 26, Last sequence update) DT 28-FEB-2003 (Rel. 41, Last annotation update) to: DT 01-JUL-1993, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 01-JUL-1993, sequence version 36. DT 28-FEB-2003, entry version 54. This module supports both formats. To convert an entry from the old to the new format, do: $entry->DTs->CREATED_rel("UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot"); $entry->DTs->ANN_version(54); $entry->DTs->SQ_version(36); perl v5.10.1 2008-07-11 SWISS::DTs(3pm)