Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users commands not working if the executed from forked process Post 302316188 by vbe on Thursday 14th of May 2009 10:25:11 AM
Old 05-14-2009
Some variables not exported?
But looks alot like some famous cron issue: Environment not set...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting the return code of forked child process (ftp)

Hi, From within my C++ program, I fork a child process and execl an ftp session (solaris), like this : std::string szStartCmd = "ftp -i -n -v 192.168.149.31"; int nExecRes = execl("/bin/sh", "sh", "-c", szStartCmd.c_str(), (char *)0); I use 2 pipes to communicate between my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KittyJ
7 Replies

2. Solaris

I want to know whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
3 Replies

3. Solaris

whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U Naree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the internal commands are executed?

Hi all, I am new to unix OS. Commands(external commands) given by the user are examined by shell and later executed by kernel. Now I want to know how the internal(built in) commands are executed. Please clarify whether they are executed directly by shell or by kernel. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Viewing the commands executed

Hi, I have executed a set of commands on the linux server and later rebooted the server. Is it possible to get the details of the commands I executed prior to the reboot? If yes please let me know how? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple commands to be executed at the same time

how to execute more than one command at the same time in unix .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To inform the executed commands

Dear friends, Whenever I do logout from a session initiated by ssh/su, I need to print a small report which says the login time, logout time, commands got executed.. How can it be done? I know when doing ssh, .profile file will get executed. Shall we do something with the help of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

8. Programming

getting the return from forked child process to parent in C++

This needs to work on HPUX and Linux. I do a fork and create a child process. During execution of the child process, it is possible child become lost or get killed. That is the reason why I create the child process. However if the child process doesnt get killed, I do want to know the return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh

Hi, how to overcome this warning issue. code: #echo 'ls > /home/rxcprod/a.out' | at -q a now warning: commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh job 1318943704.a at Tue Oct 18 09:15:04 2011 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List commands executed on a server

Hi All, how to list all the commands executed by users on a linux server.... I dont have access to others .bash_history. and i am not root user.. Please help.. Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
6 Replies
CRON-APT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CRON-APT(8)

NAME
cron-apt -- program to update the system using apt-get SYNOPSIS
cron-apt [configfile] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cron-apt command. cron-apt is a program that uses the information in /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ as arguments to apt-get line by line in file order. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --help Show summary of options. CONFIGURATION
Configuration can be done by editing /etc/cron-apt/config and by adding rules to /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ The variables that you can set in /etc/cron-apt/config is documented in the configuration example in /usr/share/doc/cron-apt/examples/config From version 0.5.0 the optional FILTERCTRLM attribute is deprecated. SEE ALSO
apt-get (1) aptitude (1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ola Lundqvist ola@inguza.com for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). This manual is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. CRON-APT(8)