Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to retrieve data between the first occurance of "_" and the extension. Post 302315628 by sais on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 02:18:17 AM
Old 05-13-2009
need to retrieve data between the first occurance of "_" and the extension.

hi all,

i have a file that contains the following kind of data

codeexpert_package_module1.html
codeexpert_package_module2.html
codeexpert_package_module3_revision2.html
and it goes on ..

i need to get the following data from it
package_module1
package_module2

i know basename command can be used to remove ".html" part but how to cut the data till the first occurance of the "_".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the Consecutive Occurance of "X" in awk

Hi All, I have a data as follow: 0 0 0 X X 0 X X X 0 X 0 0 X 0 0 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve RAM memory size from "top" command output

Hi, I am trying to get the system RAM size from "top" command's output by the following but it is not working. top | sed "s/^Mem.**\(*\), *//" (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to change this looking for mimetype "text/plain" instead of extension *.txt?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a Shell script that looks for all text files in your home directory (including subdirectories). List... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve "case "statement return value ?

How do we retrieve case statement return value at point indicated in the attached snippet case "$FUN" in 1\ *) do_change_pass ;; 2\ *) do_network_menu ;; 3\ *) do_boot_menu ;; 4\ *) do_internationalisation_menu ;; 5\ *) do_ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
doctools::html::cssdefaults(3tcl)				Documentation tools				 doctools::html::cssdefaults(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::html::cssdefaults - Default CSS style for HTML export plugins SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require doctools::html::cssdefaults ?0.1? ::doctools::html::cssdefaults::contents _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command providing access to the text of the default CSS style to use for HTML markup generated by the vari- ous HTML export plugins. This is an internal package of doctools, for use by export plugins, i.e. the packages converting doctools related documented into other formats, most notably HTML. API
::doctools::html::cssdefaults::contents This command returns the text of the default CSS style to use for HTML markup generated by the various HTML export plugins. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
CSS, HTML, doctools, export, plugin, style CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools2base 0.1 doctools::html::cssdefaults(3tcl)