Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple awk/sed/tr question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simple awk/sed/tr question Post 302315559 by JerryHone on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 05:21:07 PM
Old 05-12-2009
awk /CREATE/{printf ("insert into test_table values('%s', NULL, %d)\n", $1, $3);} FILENAME

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple sed question

Is there an easier way to do the following: echo "|||||||" | sed 's/||/|0|/g; s/||/|0|/g' which would give the following |0|0|0|0|0|0| If it is not run twice it will not pick up the second occurance of the || and leave it empty as in echo "|||||||" | sed 's/||/|0|/g' which would give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - simple question

Hello My file looks like that => 12.56 have then 7888778.2566 what 44454.54545 878787.66565 if else 4445.54545455 I want to change all '.' on ',' . I'm trying to do it with sed but I don't know chow to build regular expression to change 454.4466 on 454,4466 ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question

hi is it possible to cut this two semicolon separated sed commands echo "string2 string3 string1" | sed s'/string1//g;s/string2//g' output: " string3 " to just one sed command without semicolon? thanks in advance funksen (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple awk question

Hi , I have a simple question in awk, i have long string which i am getting for a grep command. the output contains 50 fields. I need to display like first 5 fileds in a line and rest of all fields in the next line. { for(i=5;i<NF;++i) s= $i; print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,"\n",$s} Is the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question

How do I remove parentheses using sed? input (192.168.1.1) output 192.168.1.1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed question.

I have a log output with a format similar to this: a=1, b= 2 c=0, d= 45, e=100 ... and so on. I figure I can just use awk or something to pipe the file to sed, but I'm trying to replace all the values above with 0. I've tried: cat blah | sed 's/=\(.*\),/0/'but that didn't work. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: throw_a_stick
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question - replace from phrase to end of line

I have the following line an in input file I want to digest with sed and simple replace the bold part with a variable defined in my bash script. I can do this in several sed operations but I know there must be a way to do it in a single sed line. What is the syntax? Line in file:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed script question

Script newbie, so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but how come this simple script does not work? #!/bin/bash ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help - Simple question

I have what a think is a simple question but I'm just a beginner in scripting. I'm my unix command line I run a date command that returns the following: Wed Apr 3 10:39:30 EDT 2013 How do I awk out the "10" only in awk? Or is awk the way to do it or is there a better way? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple SED Question

I don't understand this command behavior. echo "abc" |sed 's/a/&_&/' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vartika18
4 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespacename [ OWNER username ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespacename to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespacename The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. username The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory must be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)