Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine multiple string into 1 string group by certain criteria Post 302314891 by summer_cherry on Monday 11th of May 2009 03:28:34 AM
Old 05-11-2009
Code:
$/="%%\n";
open FH1,"+>HostName.txt";
open FH2,"+>LocalPath.txt";
while(<DATA>){
	my @tmp=split("\n",$_);
	my @t1=split("-",$tmp[1]);
	$tmp[1]=~s/.*-//;
	my $str=join "|",@tmp[0..2];
	if($t1[0] eq "HostName"){
		print FH1 $str."\n";
	}
	else{
		print FH2 $str."\n";
	}
}

__END__
R96087641
HostName-kul480My
This is no use any more
%%
E78343970
LocalPath-/app/usr/SG
(Blank in this line)
%%
E73615740
LocalPath-/app/usr/US
Urgent Needed
%%

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in multiple subdirs to a new string??

I have following set of dirs: /dir1/dir2/subdir1 file1 file2 /dir1/dir3/subdir1 file4 file5 /dir1/dir4/subdir1 file6 file7 All of these files have a common string in them say "STRING1", How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine two string into one?

Hi, I would like to ask whether is it possible to do the following: let say i have 2 files and the content of the file are: first file: a = b:c:d second file: a = c:d:e can i read this 2 files and create a third file that will have this result? third file: a=b:c:d:e is this possible by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: llobak
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine multiple files with common string into one new file.

I need to compile a large amount of data with a common string from individual text files throughout many directories. An example data file is below. I want to search for the following string, "cc_sectors_1" and combine all the data from each file which contains this string, into one new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GradStudent2010
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string matching criteria

Dear Friends, I am looking for a way to replace a string (multiple lines) starting with something and ending with something (these two values do not change) with blank. Basically I want to delete this code injection accross many sites and folders. Search Code (across files and folders) that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and string concatenation

Hi, I was trying to work on a file which had the following data format 1 hi 1 this 1 is 1 john 2 hello 3 test 3 case the expected output file is the below 1 hi, this, is, john 2 hello 3 test, case I tried using awk or while read, but I couldnt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a particular string to particular string

Hi, I have a file containing the DDLs of tables in a schema. From that I need to remove all the lines from a starting string till a specific string. Here is an example. File1.txt ------------- CREATE TABLE "SCHEMA1"."LKP11_TBL_USERS" ( "ID" NUMBER(8,0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "USER_ID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
3 Replies
PLOT(1G)																  PLOT(1G)

NAME
plot - graphics filters SYNOPSIS
plot [ -Tterminal [ raster ] ] DESCRIPTION
These commands read plotting instructions (see plot(5)) from the standard input, and in general produce plotting instructions suitable for a particular terminal on the standard output. If no terminal type is specified, the environment parameter $TERM (see environ(5)) is used. Known terminals are: 4014 Tektronix 4014 storage scope. 450 DASI Hyterm 450 terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300 DASI 300 or GSI terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300S DASI 300S terminal (Diablo mechanism). ver Versatec D1200A printer-plotter. This version of plot places a scan-converted image in `/usr/tmp/raster' and sends the result directly to the plotter device rather than to the standard output. The optional argument causes a previously scan-converted file raster to be sent to the plotter. FILES
/usr/bin/tek /usr/bin/t450 /usr/bin/t300 /usr/bin/t300s /usr/bin/vplot /usr/tmp/raster SEE ALSO
plot(3), plot(5) BUGS
There is no lockout protection for /usr/tmp/raster. PLOT(1G)