Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP files to two servers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP files to two servers Post 302314805 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 10th of May 2009 11:23:13 AM
Old 05-10-2009
Yes you can run a script on sever2 instead of on server1, ftp would allow you to delete the files from server1 once copied onto server2 whereas scping would require a separate ssh session to delete the files from server1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Transfer Across Multiple Servers

Hello everyone, Have a question which I'm not entirely sure about, but will ask anyway. We have three servers (A/B/C), 'A' being the local host, 'B' being a SFTP server on the DMZ, and 'C' being the intended remote host. The task is to transfer file/s from server 'A' to server 'C' via server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to calculate sftp time beteen two servers.

Hi, I need to calculate time taken by a 100kb file for sftp between two servers. I am new to unix can some body please tell me how do this. Thanks in advance... Vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koulvivek
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp files between servers

I am writing a shell script to copy sybase related .dump files from one to another aix server and visa versa. Please help me do the following The script does the following: - check directory exists - copy dump files - copy is done for multiple database - checks databases, if one... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmm_dba
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files and archive the files using sftp

Hi, I have to check the files in another server using sftp to do that, below is the code i am going with #!/bin/bash export SRC_FOLDER=$1 export ARC_FOLDER=$2 HOST=as07u3456 USER=relfag sftp ${USER}@${HOST} <<EOF cd $SRC_FOLDER/DSCOR ls bye EOF echo "done" whatever the files i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ursrami
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup sftp beteen two servers?

Hi Could you please help me out how to configure between two server I don't have admin idea to setup the Sftp server the requirements is we want to send a file to vendor so we need sftp configuration so that can we can send file through sftp Please let me know what should I ask to vendor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-instance, stop-instance - stops the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
stop-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the stop-instance to stop the instance with the instance name specified. The stop-instance can be run both locally and remotely. The named instance must already exist within the given domain; and the instance must be running. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be stopped. Example 1: Using stop-instance in local mode asadmin> stop-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the domain1 domain is stopped locally. Example 2: Using stop-instance in remote mode asadmin> stop-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the named user, password, host and port is deleted from the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)