Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell menus And Oracle
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell menus And Oracle Post 302314745 by jroco on Saturday 9th of May 2009 11:19:11 PM
Old 05-10-2009
What interpreter Are you using for this script ?. (KSH, SH, BASH).
If you are using ksh this example can help us.

"
echo "Introduce first field to search"
read a
echo "You have introduced "$a
echo "Introduce second field to search"
read b
echo "You have introduced "$b

"

Its an easy way to make an interactive menu with ksh.
I hope have been helpfull

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Menus - Rejecting invalid input (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm currently writing a shell script menu which is dynamically populated from an array. Have a question to ask about the filtering of invalid input. I'm using KSH. A brief description of my algorithm is as follows: 1) Read in input from user and store in a variable. (a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating menus in script file

I'm very new to Unix and know the simplest of its commands. I am trying to write a script file that has a menu with the following options showing: 1) Display all files in a user's home directory. 2) Welcome yourself to the program 3) Display System Information 4) Exit to Windows I am able... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menus in Korn Shell and invalid selections

Hey Guys. I need to code a series of menus that have four options, selectable either by the number in the menu or the name, in succession. This part I have achieved however I am struggling to find a way that should the user try to enter an invalid selection, such as the number 5 or an incorrect... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudja
5 Replies

5. AIX

SMS menus are not supported on JS20

Hello, I am new to AIX... I am having this problem trying to re-install AIX 5L 5.2 on a blade (JS20) Then update it to 5.3 This blade now has 5.3 and needs to be re-install But the problem is when I press 1 while it is restarting.... I see the message: SMS menus are not supported on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cascading bash menus

I currently have a main menu (using whiptail) and one of the options makes an instance of another menu - sort of cascading fashion. I like to be able to terminate the current (top) menu and return to the underlying main one. I was thinking enclosing the main menu in "do... done" block. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
0 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)