Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Implementing Password
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implementing Password Post 302314032 by warlock129 on Thursday 7th of May 2009 08:52:32 AM
Old 05-07-2009
Thanks for all the help i got it working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Implementing a shell

I'm implementing a shell in C that supports piping, output redirection, and background processing, and a few other commands. I was wondering how I'd go about implementing the output redirection. So, I'd open a file and I'd fork and execute the command. But how would I get stdout into the file? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ununium
10 Replies

2. Programming

Implementing a shell in C

Hi, I am implementing a shell in C, with the following problem... Suppose the shell is invoked from the command line as >> myshell < test.in > test.out 2>&1 I have to execute the commands in test.in and redirect them to test.out How does one detect in the main function that the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

3. Programming

Implementing the redirection

Hi all I am facing a problem with redirection. Its somewhat related to parsing. I am following the following steps. 1. take the command and tokenize it. 2. if redirection is there then give it to redirection unit 3. if pipe is there give it to piping unit. 4. do until the command ends ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

implementing ftp

i have a client server connection steady and running... but the problem here is that the file transfer is very crude and succeptible to risks... so i want to implement ftp.. can anybody suggest a way to implement it or any book to read? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there anyway of implementing password aging in NIS?

Hi , is there anyway of implementing password aging in NIS? I would say thanks in advance. Thanks and regards, HAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HAA
1 Replies

6. Programming

implementing AVL tree

how is an AVL tree implemented and insertions are made to itwenever a new socket is created and deletions are made when the socket is closed or connection is disconnected.how to read and print the names of all the current sockets. Please send the source code. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with implementing logging

I'm trying to add logging to an existing script which echos a number of lines to the screen. I've added a switch to the script that is going to suppress much of this output and put it in a file instead. The way I envisioned it was like this: $log would be set to either "" or the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in implementing logic

i have following input file... 00290002STDR000000000000000000000000000EOD END TRANSACTION ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^ 00299998STDR070000000007000000000000000STANDING DEBITS ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarrd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in implementing expect

Hello All, I am trying a shell script for automatically login to test servers and pulling the output of top command from all using expect. ----snippet of code --- #!/usr/bin/expect -f #!/bin/bash server1=10.251.222.51 server=("$server1") i=1 for exp_server in ${server}; do expect -c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
rcsmerge(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rcsmerge(1)

NAME
rcsmerge - merge RCS revisions SYNOPSIS
rev2] file DESCRIPTION
incorporates the changes between rev1 and rev2 of an RCS file into the corresponding working file. If is given, the result is printed on the standard output; otherwise the result overwrites the working file. A file name ending in is an RCS file name; otherwise it is a working file name. derives the working file name from the RCS file name and vice versa, as explained in rcsintro(5). A pair consisting of both an RCS and a working file name can also be specified. rev1 cannot be omitted. If rev2 is omitted, the latest revision on the trunk is assumed. Both rev1 and rev2 can be given numerically or symbolically. prints a warning if there are overlaps, and delimits the overlapping regions as explained for the option of co(1). The command is useful for incorporating changes into a checked-out revision. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have released revision 2.8 of Assume furthermore that you just completed revision 3.4 when you receive updates to release 2.8 from someone else. To combine the updates to 2.8 and your changes between 2.8 and 3.4, put the updates to 2.8 into file and execute: Then examine Alternatively, if you want to save the updates to 2.8 in the RCS file, check them in as revision 2.8.1.1 and execute As another example, the following command undoes the changes between revision 2.4 and 2.8 in your currently checked out revision in Note the order of the arguments, and that is overwritten. WARNINGS
does not work for files that contain lines with a single AUTHOR
was developed by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
ci(1), co(1), merge(1), ident(1), rcs(1), rcsdiff(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(4). rcsmerge(1)