Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KERBEROS_V4 -help needed ASAP Post 302313968 by Sgiri1 on Thursday 7th of May 2009 06:17:12 AM
Old 05-07-2009
my ftp client is WS-FTP pro

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need rm script help ASAP

I need your expertise anyone. I'm trying to remove part of a id # in a script. Reason, the part of the id is a underscore that is making my life impossible. I simply cannot handle all the requests and modify every single one in vi or edt. So I wanted to modify the script.. For example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail - need help ASAP

Hi guys ! I have 24 hours to learn about sendmail (as much as I can) ... where to start ? where to go ? thnx, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gismo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help asap

i have a file having content a|b|c 1|2|33 4|6|55 end a|b|d 3|4|55 end a|b|c 45|67|98 end so i want to print 3rd field of header a|b|c and footer end. e.g. o/p should be 33 55 98 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help asap!

Hello everyone, I'm new to using Linux and i am trying to create a script that will produce a list of all the files of the present working directory. So far I only have this #!/bin/bash cd / ls -lt>> I can't figure out what I am suppose to do next. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reecygee
6 Replies

7. Linux

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type & cron

Running as cron, I get error msg in mail: KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type, even though the ftp does work. Can anyone explain this? Is there a way to stop it? cron: 35 6 * * 1-5 ./PSS/pss.sh >> ./PSS/pss.log script pss.sh: #!/usr/bin/ksh DIR=/home/informix/PSS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejaggers
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error

Hi am just trying to FTP am while doing so am getting the "KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type" error.Please let me know what should be done to avoid this error. The code is #!/bin/ksh -x # # Get new files only ftp # source="source.com" basedir="/home/xyz/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

can anyone help me with this??? make program ( shell script) to detect and display errors occurred in initializing a Unix system (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dementor
4 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)