Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX changing values for nfs shared file system on aix Post 302313934 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 7th of May 2009 03:59:46 AM
Old 05-07-2009
Question changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi,

I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting

example
smitty chnfsexp

but after selecting shared file system using F4 remaning parameters are not coming only shared file system "/test" is showing thats it, on server aix 5.3 is installed

Regards,

Manoj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access collision with shared file system

Hello ALL, In my system, there are 14 machines running the same version of Linux RHEL4. The 14 machines use a NFS file system, i.e., a shared file system. My question is that if the programs in individual machines can access a common file simutaneously. Or, they have to access the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Changing AIX system date

Hi, Experts, I required your help to change my system date from year 2010 to 2064. The change is required to perform some testing by our dba's and apllication developers. Through smit i am anable to chage the date and received error. I knew that AIX 5.3 TL8 system date is till year 2037 Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared File System Project Feasibility

I would be taking my masters degree project next year. So I am now in the process of thinking something that could help me get more in depth knowledge and will be a useful one in practice. I have thought about creating shared file system for clustered environments (like GPFS,GFS). I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX flag to reduce size of shared file

I am using xlC (Version: 11.01.0000.0011). While build i am using "-g" to have debug information in build. there are many object files (>500) due to which resultant shared file (.so) will have huge size. I can't reduce optimization level. Is there any way or flag is present by using which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhi04
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Cluster Show shared file systems.

Hello, I am working on applications on an AIX 6.1 two-node cluster, with an active and passive node. Is there a command that will show me which mount points / file systems are shared and 'swing' from one node to the other when the active node changes, and which mount points are truly local to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting UID and GID for shared folder using NFS method in Linux system

Hi everyone, have a good day to you. I am trying to use NFS to share a folder between 2 linux systems. Let's say the server which is sharing the folder is server A and the client which need to access this shared folder is server B. In server B, i am having a Joe user which UID and GID is 500.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
1 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
FSType] specific_options] description] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
The command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option is omitted, the first file system type listed in is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, displays all shared file systems. Options recognizes the following options: Specify the file system type. The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. Share the pathname read-mostly if option is not provided. Read-mostly means read-write to those clients specified and read-only for all other systems. If a option is provided, pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. pathname is shared read-only to all clients. pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. The flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. WARNINGS
Old terminology (export) File system sharing used to be called on HP-UX, and was used for exporting file systems. With the new share NFS model, the command replaces exportfs(1M) or To support compatiblity with scripts that still invoke the exportfs command using the access= option, the share command will not fail when the access option is used and the syntax matches the usage of exportfs(1M) from a release of HP-UX that does not support the share(1M) com- mand. Attempts to use the access option with new share options, (i.e. sec=), may result in the access option begin rejected by the share command. It is highly recommended that the access option not be used with the share command. Instead, use the ro= and rw= option to achieve the desired access restrictions. This support of the access= option will be removed in a future release of HP-UX. If commands are invoked multiple times on the same file system, the last invocation supersedes the previous; the options set by the last command replace the old options. For example, if read-only permission was previously given to on use the following command to also give read-only permission to on This behavior is not limited to sharing the root file system, but applies to all file systems. EXAMPLES
The following command wll share the file system read-only. FILES
list of commands to be executed at boot time list of distributed file system types, NFS by default system record of shared file systems AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), dfstab(4), fstypes(4), sharetab(4). share(1M)