Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issues I'm having with the Find Command Post 302313832 by joeyg on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 03:00:03 PM
Old 05-06-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver You asked a lot of questions

Here are a couple answers to get you started:

to find files that a shell scripts (names ending with .sh)
Code:
> find . -name "*.sh"       
./file8.sh
./fid_test/fmr_comb.sh
./proc13.sh

finding files, and then doing a long listing
Code:
> find . -name "*.sh" -exec ls -l {} \;
-rwxrwx--- 1 abc dp 40 Mar 31 10:31 ./file8.sh
-rwxrwx--- 1 abc dp 7485 Apr 30 12:55 ./fid_test/fmr_comb.sh
-rwxrwx--- 1 abc dp 104 Apr 22 13:40 ./proc13.sh

Try to build off of these two.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command display issues

I am using AIX version 5.3 I like the cal function because I can print a nice concise view of the calendar for the whole year. I want the calendar to display with 3 months across instead of 2, which is what is happening. My terminal display is set with 67 rows and 140 columns so that should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruddydaggerwing
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill command issues

xxxxxx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kitty123
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

having issues in using Cut Command

Hi, I would like to ask for your help with my problem, im writing a unix script to remove characters before the symbol "/", but the one being removed are characters after the symbol. Ive searched over the internet and found no answer.. hope you can help me with this. sample: text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paoie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget command issues

Hi I am trying to get 3 files sitting on a FTP server to an application server. All 3 files are .csv files. I am using mget *.csv and it transfers only 2 files. the 3 files contain a common word in their file names "Report". I tried mget *Report*.csv and that gets me 2 files as well. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobsn
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues with Makefile (cannot find )

Hello guys ! Need a bit of help is compiling a code, the makefile for which was originally designed to work on a 32-bit Linux platform, for a 64-bit Linux platform. My platform is Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-bit. I am trying to compile a code called csim, file name csim-1.1.tar.gz. To compile this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhat
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with automating SFTP command

Hi All, I am currently looking at automating the steps that I follow to download log files from putty to desktop. I connect to a client's machine through citrix desktop. I am required to download quite a number of application logs to identfiy the issues in production. Steps that is being... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack84
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues in grep command in Linux

Hi All I have a file containing following records: $HEW_TGT_DB2_USER=hbme_bi2 $prmAttunityUser=ais $DS_USER=hbme_bi2 $prmStgUser=hbme_bi2 $prmuser=hbme_bi2 $prmStgPass=hbme_bi2 $prmpwd=hbme_bi2 $prmAttunityUser=ais Say suppose the name of the file is test4.txt When i fire this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues in sed command

I use SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux We have a user-defined command called "submit" which will open a vi terminal in which we need to enter the description at 24th line and save it. In order to simplify this, i decided to create another command in which the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Db2 command issues with cron

Hi, I have a very simple script that queries from a DB2 table. The script has 3 parts - (i) Sets the db2profile (ii) connects to db2 using credentials (iii) executes the query.This script works fine if i run it manually from the command prompt. However when scheduled in crontab, it proceeds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeePee
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Ignore Access issues

Hi, I am using following command to find a specific file. find . -name "find*.txt" -type f -print I am issuing that command at root directory since I don't know in which sub folder that file is getting created from some other process. As I am not having access to all directories, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RameshCh
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)