Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read from script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from script Post 302313746 by filloweb on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 11:20:42 AM
Old 05-06-2009
Read from script

Hi all.

I'm a newbie of bash scripting.

I need to create a script to have a rotate backup with 5 USB DISK on a work week.
With e2label, I've labelled all disk with all day of the week ( e.g. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday,... ).

How can I read if I've plugged the right device ?!?!

I find the right day with "date +%A".

Thanks a lot.

filloweb.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how other user cannot read my script?

Hi All, If I don't want other user read my script, what can i do? :confused: (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
19 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple read script!

Hi y'all...I've been wracking my brain over this very simple script that reads in a textfile and echos each line. But I keep getting an error. Below is my script: #!/bin/bash while read myline do echo $myline done < t_file-20080221.01.asc The error I am getting is: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevlar28
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script without read permission but execute the script

I have a script, except me no one can read the script but they can execute the script. Is it possible? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a file

Can someone please give me a big help? I'm trying to read the file below, which have the format: query,XX,XX,6559,0.132,0.210,0.108,0.03% query,XX,XX,6559,0.132,0.210,0.108,0.03% query,XX,XX,6559,0.132,0.210,0.108,0.03% Need to get the 4th value: 6559 and sum all and put it into a var: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: letakeda
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SCRIPT] read and substitution

Hi all, Actually I have a huge bash file like: port1=$PORT && if ; then ..... ....stuff port2=$PORT && if ; then ..... ...stuff port3=$PORT && if ; then ..... ...stuff port4=$PORT && if ; then ..... ...stuff port5=$PORT && if ; then ..... I would like to change the $port inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script read highest value

Hi All, Can someone help steer me to the simplest approach to write a script that reads the second column of a csv file and returns the highest value. example file: DATE,QUANTITY Mon Apr 30 01:56:00 2012,42 Mon Apr 30 02:24:00 2012,72 Mon Apr 30 02:56:00 2012,102 Mon Apr 30 02:59:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dekker74
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Bash Script

I am very new to all these programming languages and really love Linux but have only begun to dive into bash scripting... I am curious what's going on with this script... #!/bin/bash if ; then # xen grep control_d /proc/xen/capabilities >& /dev/null if ; then # domU -- do not run on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrianBlaze
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script read variable with for

Hi All, How I can read on variable with cycle for in bash script e.g.#!/bin/bash VAR1=`command1 sentence list` for i in $(cat $VAR1); do VAR2=`command2 $i` echo $VAR2 doneSo read VAR1 execute command over this and load in VAR2 then print VAR2, Thanks you, Please wrap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aav1307
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read space in script

Hi All, Please let me know how to read space between 2 words in script. It is reading only first chars ES,NZ. But after space it is not reading next 3 chars. ES LPI NZ GBL FR LPI DK LPI for v_sob_cntry_cd in `cat /shared/set_of_books_cntry_cd_list.lst` do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
6 Replies
Time::CTime(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Time::CTime(3pm)

NAME
Time::CTime -- format times ala POSIX asctime SYNOPSIS
use Time::CTime print ctime(time); print asctime(localtime(time)); print strftime(template, localtime(time)); strftime conversions %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d DD %D MM/DD/YY %e numeric day of the month %f floating point seconds (milliseconds): .314 %F floating point seconds (microseconds): .314159 %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %m month number, starting with 1, leading 0's %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %v DD-Mon-Year %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates. They correspond to the libc routines. &strftime() supports a pretty good set of coversions -- more than most C libraries. strftime supports a pretty good set of conversions. The POSIX module has very similar functionality. You should consider using it instead if you do not have allergic reactions to system libraries. GENESIS
Written by David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.org>. The starting point for this package was a posting by Paul Foley <paul@ascent.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-12 Time::CTime(3pm)