Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How does ITIL processing happen in AIX? Post 302313712 by AIXlearner on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 10:18:02 AM
Old 05-06-2009
Thanks for the information. Ijust wanted to know how this process is applied in AIX issues

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what happen when changing Hostname?

I 'm using RH 7.2 Genome in the Network Configuration I change therer are two places one for static hostname for my machine and in DNS hostname I don't know what happen when restarting my PC when connecting using dialer I can't browse the Internet also I can't use sendmail .......Server timeout... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
2 Replies

2. Programming

Any one can tell me how this happen?

The #1 Online Store for Louis Vuitton Replicas is: http://www.opichina.com.cn. We offer Louis Vuitton Replicas and more! Whatever you call it: LV Bags, LV Replicas, Louis Vuitton Fake, Louis Vuitton Knockoffs, Louis Vuitton Bag, Louis Vuitton Purse, Louis Vuitton Wallet, Louis Vuitton Shoes,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiangyanna
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would happen if. . .

Hi, Could someone please tell me what would happen if the following were entered into the command line: rm -i /books/*.* rm /books/* Many thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract files one by one from a directory and let some processing happen

how to extract files one by one from a directory and let some processing be done on the file I have a directory by name INTRN which has files like INTR.0003080248636814 INTR.0003080248636816 INTR.0003080248636818 . . . . and so on and in a script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

5. AIX

Processing of commands in AIX

Whenever we type in a command of AIX, how does it get interpreted by AIX?(backend processing) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing in AIX (bash shell scripting)

Hi all, I am struggling to build a utility which can do the parallel processing. I achieved same in Linux using xargs -P but same is not working on AIX. I am building file copy utility where I will have all required info in a file (like souce file info and target location details), now i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
2 Replies
wakeup(9r)																wakeup(9r)

NAME
wakeup - General: Wakes up all processes sleeping on a specified address SYNOPSIS
void wakeup( caddr_t channel ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the address on which the wakeup is to be issued. DESCRIPTION
The wakeup routine wakes up all processes sleeping on the address specified by the channel argument. All processes sleeping on this address are awakened and made ready to be scheduled according to the priorities they specified when they went to sleep. It is possible that there are no processes sleeping on the channel at the time the wakeup is issued. This situation can occur for a variety of reasons and does not represent an error condition. The sleep and wakeup routines block and unblock a process. Generally, a device driver issues these routines on behalf of a process request- ing I/O while a transfer is in progress. That is, a process requesting I/O is put to sleep on an address associated with the request by the appropriate device driver routine. When the transfer has asynchronously completed, the device driver interrupt service routine issues a wakeup on the address associated with the completed request. This action makes the relevant process to be scheduled. The process resumes execution within the relevant device driver routine at the point immediately following the request to sleep. The driver, on behalf of the process, can then determine whether the condition for which it was sleeping (in this example, completion of an I/O request) has been removed. If so, it can continue on to complete the I/O request. Otherwise, the appropriate driver routine can decide to put the process back to sleep to await removal of the indicated condition. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Routines: mpsleep(9r), sleep(9r) wakeup(9r)