Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Writing a Packet sniffer
Top Forums Programming Writing a Packet sniffer Post 302313664 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 08:52:23 AM
Old 05-06-2009
Here is a pointer to a video on IP packet sniffer programming from SecurityTube IP Packet Sniffer Programming Tutorial.

It is one of a series of tutorials on this subject.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

key sniffer

Hi everybody, I'll like to know how I can add in my script a key sniffer. In fact, I'll like to detect a "Ctrl + C" command... How can do that and is it possible in shell script under AIX ? Thanks !!! Dimitri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Seeing IP packet

Hi, Is there any way that i can directly take out the IP packet and see its contents. Waiting for your answer .............. Bye (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

regarding sniffer

hi this is munna. am doing a program about sniffer. if the user can delete the file from /root/.mozilla/firefox/27a5g6oo.default history.dat or he/she can do in browser window edit->preferences->privacy->history as "0"(zero). (remember visted pages for the last 0 days). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
3 Replies

4. Programming

packet capture

can anyone tell me how can i capture the packets. i have tried ethernet software to capture them but its not doing what i want it to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Packet decoding

Hi, wondering if anyone can suggest a tool to me that will let me either cut & paste hex or type it in for packet decoding. I want to be able to decode a packet as done with tcpdump or wireshark, but I want to be able to manually input the hex myself. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

filter packet

Exercise: Protection of WEB and DNS servers using the context-free rules for packet filtering: - Protect your WEB-server, so that would be for him can be accessed by browsers, and could go to dns. - Protect your primary DNS-server so that it could be to contact clients and secondary servers.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numeracy
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

filter packet

Exercise: Protection of WEB and DNS servers using the context-free rules for packet filtering: - Protect your WEB-server, so that would be for him can be accessed by browsers, and could go to dns. - Protect your primary DNS-server so that it could be to contact clients and secondary servers.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numeracy
1 Replies

8. Programming

Raw Socket Programming - Efficient Packet Sniffer

Hi, I have the requirement to sniff packets from the Ethernet card on my Linux machine and process it and feed it to a RANAP protocol stack. So far I have written the raw packet sniffer and successfully sniffing packets and do little processing. However, for huge number of packets ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstnsrr
9 Replies

9. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
ngircd(8)							   ngIRCd Manual							 ngircd(8)

NAME
ngIRCd - the next generation IRC daemon SYNOPSIS
ngircd [ Options ] DESCRIPTION
ngIRCd is a free open source daemon for the Internet Relay Chat (IRC), developed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It's written from scratch and is not based upon the original IRCd like many others. It is easy to configure, supports server links (even with original ircd's) and runs on hosts with changing IP addresses (such as dial-in networks). Currently supported platforms include AIX, A/UX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Mac OS X, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, and Windows with Cygwin. As ngIRCd relies on UNIX standards and uses GNU automake and GNU autoconf there are good chances that it also supports other UNIX-based operating systems as well. By default, ngIRCd writes diagnostic and informational messages using the syslog mechanism. OPTIONS
The default behavior of ngircd is to read its standard configuration file (see below), to detach from the controlling terminal and to wait for clients. You can use these options to modify this default: -f file, --config file Use file as configuration file. -n, --nodaemon Don't fork a child and don't detach from controlling terminal. All log messages go to the console and you can use CTRL-C to termi- nate the server. -p, --passive Disable automatic connections to other servers. You can use the IRC command CONNECT later on as IRC Operator to link this ngIRCd to other servers. -t, --configtest Read, validate and display the configuration; then exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display a brief help text and exit. FILES
/etc/ngircd/ngircd.conf The system wide default configuration file. /etc/ngircd/ngircd.motd Default "message of the day" (MOTD). SIGNALS
The daemon understands the following signals: TERM Shut down all connections and terminate the daemon. HUP Shut down all listening sockets, re-read the configuration file and re-initialize the daemon. HINTS
It's wise to use "ngircd --configtest" to validate the configuration file after changing it. DEBUGGING
When ngIRCd is compiled with debug code, that is, its source code has been ./configure'd with "--enable-debug" and/or "--enable-sniffer" (witch enables debug mode automatically as well), you can use two more command line options and two more signals to debug problems with the daemon itself or IRC clients: Options: -d, --debug Enable debug mode and log extra messages. -s, --sniffer Enable IRC protocol sniffer, which logs all sent and received IRC commands to the console/syslog. This option requires that ngIRCd has been ./configure'd with "--enable-sniffer" and enables debug mode automatically, too. Signals: USR1 Toggle debug mode on and off during runtime. USR2 Dump internal server state to the console/syslog when debug mode is on (use command line option --debug or signal USR1). AUTHORS
Alexander Barton, <alex@barton.de> Florian Westphal, <fw@strlen.de> Homepage: http://ngircd.barton.de/ SEE ALSO
ngircd.conf(5), ircd(8) ngircd Mar 2012 ngircd(8)