Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: text color
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting text color Post 302313552 by panyam on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 03:26:21 AM
Old 05-06-2009
The same working fine for me ..
check any system related settings related to color.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Text Color Using VT100

Hi, I want to change the color of the text. Currently, I am using the following VT100 command, which changes the color of the foreground: <ESC>[{attr1};...;{attrn}m The problem is, when I change the color of the foreground, it changes the color of the text as expected, but it also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abed Alnaif
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

color a figure in text file

Good morning, Can someone help to color a figure in columns if its exceeding a threshold using shell script . ex. I have file contains 5 columns showing a value in % I need to show the value in red if it exceed 90 % Appreciate your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

New Background and Text Color

Hi. How do I change the background color and text in Fedora. I did find the set_color -b command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
1 Replies

5. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to color text and mail

I want to color the text and bold the text and mail these text. input: hi..(in bold) good morning (in blue color) and mail these as in color and bold :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to print color text in AIX?

Hi I'd like to print color text and I've tried this: echo "\033but it didn't woked. When I changed 0 --> 1/4/5, the text "HI" --> bold/underline/blink, but when I changed 31 or 33 to other values, the color didn't change. What's the problem. Need to install something ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
setcolor(1F)							   FMLI Commands						      setcolor(1F)

NAME
setcolor - redefine or create a color SYNOPSIS
setcolor color red_level green_level blue_level DESCRIPTION
The setcolor command takes four arguments: color, which must be a string naming the color; and the arguments red_level, green_level, and blue_level, which must be integer values defining, respectively, the intensity of the red, green, and blue components of color. Intensities must be in the range of 0 to 1000. If you are redefining an existing color, you must use its current name (default color names are: black, blue, green, cyan, red, magenta, yellow, and white). setcolor returns the color's name string. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample output of setcolor command. The following is an example of the arguments that setcolor takes: `setcolor blue 100 24 300` BUILT-IN FMLI ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 setcolor(1F)