Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting executing commands through FTP session Post 302313535 by faiz on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 02:37:03 AM
Old 05-06-2009
how can i do the Remote Shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - Executing Commands

I have written a script to ftp a file from Unix to an NT machine to authenticate ftp login I have added the information into the .netrc file when logged in using ftp the commands are not executed. Does anybody know how to make the command execute once username and password have been provided using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesmas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

display while in ftp session

Is there any command which displays date while i am in a ftp session? I tried the date command, but in vain ftp> date ?Invalid command ftp> Can someone please help me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in FTP session

Hi I am trying rename multiple files in a remote location by connecting through FTP. How do i do this? I get error as for is not FTP command. I looked the FAQ for scripting but it is doesnt relate to my post. Please help. Thanks ftp -in >Error.log <<! open $HOST user $User $Pwd for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to execute multiple unix commands in one session from java

Hi, Iam trying to code in java and wanted to run the commands in the Unix remote servers. I have the following code to run multiple GREP commands in a single session. But when i execute this, the first command executes successfully, whereas from the next line it says "Exception Occured... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Session

In FTP session, how could know the present working directory in local machine? pwd command gives the present working directory for remote machine only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing many commands at once

Hi, I want to run these two commands one after the other. awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' sort -u rather than typing awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' file1 > file2, then sort -u file2 > file3. Is it possible to run both commands on file1 then get output file3? Its kinda hard for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands from script in current bash session

I have a file as follows: cat /etc/mxg/ssh-hostsmx.example1.com.au:2225 mx2.example2.com.au:2225 mx.example3.com.au:2225 mail.example4.com.au:2225 mail.example5.org.au:2225 mail.example6.com.au:2225I want to dynamically create aliases for quick access to these servers from bash. I wrote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not executing after FTP in shell script

Hello In the shell script we have a FTP command like below ftp -n -v -q winftp.principal.com >/infa/datafiles/GRP/Scripts/ftp_from_infa_dvcn.log<<END_SCRIPT   quote USER $FTP_USER quote PASS $FTP_PASS ascii lcd $FTP_LOCALDIR cd $FTP_FLDR put $FTP_FILE   bye exit If i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using pipe in FTP session

Hi All , I want to use pipe in ftp session . Please let me know if there is any possibility I have done FTP to a remote host with proper username and password Now I want to take the latest file in a directory . The below is not workinf ftp> ls -lrt |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Lade
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)