Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cleansing file in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cleansing file in unix Post 302313532 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 02:32:37 AM
Old 05-06-2009
if you have Python, here's an alternative
Code:
for line in open("file"):
    line=line.strip()
    if not "Job" in line and not line=="" :
        print line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we call JSP file from Unix.if so how.Please help me.Im newbie to Unix

Hi Can we call a jsp page from Unix.if so please let me know how we can.. thanks for the help in advance... thanks kumar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsukumar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script to reformat a file in unix but not familiar with unix

unix script must do the fiollowing open a file containing comma delimited records > each record contains 10 fields > removes the 2nd field and use that same field containing fields 2 to 10 the original record after fprocessing should containing fields 1 and 3 a new erecord must be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cleansing data

I have a file with 27 fields seperated by pipe. I have a field 17 that is defined as numeric and the data coming in might contain character and other miscellaneous data like (@,!,~,#,%,^,&,*,(,)). I have to make sure that the column strictly contains numeric data and if it contains any of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading hdfs file to local UNIX through UNIX script

Hi All , I am very new to unix script.I am aware of unix commands but never put together in unix script level.If any one can suggest me technical guidance in the below scenario that will highly beneficial. Data have been already migrated from mainframe to Hadoop file system(HDFS).HDFS server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script Help - Data cleansing

Hello community, I am getting a log files from system and I need to clean the data and store as txt files for reporting purposes. Since these files are generated in Unix box, so we have to write shell script to handle the data cleansing. Please find the sample file data looks like: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
7 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD