Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date cmp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date cmp Post 302313427 by RubinPat on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 03:12:57 PM
Old 05-05-2009
looks like this is perfect but can u plz tell me how to create the "my_list_of_files"

I am sorry to bother....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cmp, diff need options

Hi, I am using diff filename1 filename2, as these files are of huge size,I want to know the count(n) no. of different records to be displayed on the terminal. I do not want the contents of file i mean different lines to be displayed. Cheers Kunal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmp 2 variables

Hi I have two variables contining a set of near identical lines, i'd like to list the lines that differ? Prefereably i'd like not to save the variables into a file first. i.e var1 tag:val1 tag:val2 tag:val3 var2 tag:val1 tag:val4 tag:val3 i'd like the result to print out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickrick
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CMP two files with slight difference and return code

I am comparing two files which are identical except for the timestamp which is incorporated within the otherwise same 372 bytes. I am using the command: cmp -s $Todays_file $Yesterdays_file -i 372 When I run the command without the -i 372 it shows the difference i.e. the timestamp.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in comparing (cmp) two files

Hi All, I have to compare set of files so I created a case statement with the option to give more than one file to compare. The Problem now i am facing is, if I compare the files directly, from prompt or just using the script only for a particular file then It's saying No difference, but If I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhar
4 Replies

5. Solaris

cmp file

Dear all, for i in <List of Filename> FILENAME=`echo $i` do cp -p $FILENAME /temp /bin/cmp $FILENAME /temp/$FILENAME done I am planning to do something like this on a daily basis, so i want to ask that, if the comparison on the files encounter error, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare files in two folders using cmp?

i recently copied 400GB of data from a NTFS drive to a ext4 drive. I want to verify that the data is 100% identical to the original. I wanted to use cmp but it only does two files. The directory that was copied contains many subdirectories and all sorts of files (not just text). So I guess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error while using CMP function

Hi All, I am getting a syntax error message while trying to compare 2 files using the compare function (LINUX) command substitution: line 79: syntax error near unexpected token `(' command substitution: line 79: `cmp -s <(tr , \n < $COMMON_TMP/nt_per_gs.done | sort) <(tr , \n <... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
SCANDIR(3)								 1								SCANDIR(3)

scandir - List files and directories inside the specified path

SYNOPSIS
array scandir (string $directory, [int $sorting_order = SCANDIR_SORT_ASCENDING], [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an array of files and directories from the $directory. PARAMETERS
o $directory - The directory that will be scanned. o $sorting_order - By default, the sorted order is alphabetical in ascending order. If the optional $sorting_order is set to SCANDIR_SORT_DESCEND- ING, then the sort order is alphabetical in descending order. If it is set to SCANDIR_SORT_NONE then the result is unsorted. o $context - For a description of the $context parameter, refer to the streams section of the manual. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of filenames on success, or FALSE on failure. If $directory is not a directory, then boolean FALSE is returned, and an error of level E_WARNING is generated. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | $sorting_orderconstants were added. Any nonzero | | | value caused descending order in previous ver- | | | sions. So for all PHP versions, use 0 for ascend- | | | ing order, and 1 for descending order. An option | | | for SCANDIR_SORT_NONE behavior did not exist | | | prior to PHP 5.4.0. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A simple scandir(3) example <?php $dir = '/tmp'; $files1 = scandir($dir); $files2 = scandir($dir, 1); print_r($files1); print_r($files2); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => . [1] => .. [2] => bar.php [3] => foo.txt [4] => somedir ) Array ( [0] => somedir [1] => foo.txt [2] => bar.php [3] => .. [4] => . ) Example #2 PHP 4 alternatives to scandir(3) <?php $dir = "/tmp"; $dh = opendir($dir); while (false !== ($filename = readdir($dh))) { $files[] = $filename; } sort($files); print_r($files); rsort($files); print_r($files); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => . [1] => .. [2] => bar.php [3] => foo.txt [4] => somedir ) Array ( [0] => somedir [1] => foo.txt [2] => bar.php [3] => .. [4] => . ) NOTES
Tip A URL can be used as a filename with this function if the fopen wrappers have been enabled. See fopen(3) for more details on how to specify the filename. See the "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" for links to information about what abilities the various wrappers have, notes on their usage, and information on any predefined variables they may provide. SEE ALSO
opendir(3), readdir(3), glob(3), is_dir(3), sort(3). PHP Documentation Group SCANDIR(3)