Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search from file and display
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search from file and display Post 302313366 by prash184u on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 12:31:09 PM
Old 05-05-2009
You could also use grep,nawk and tr commands ... Assumptions here are you want only IB4 in above example ...

$ vi output.ksh
#!/usr/bin/ksh
i=`grep -n "FAULT CODES CLASS" EXAMPLE.txt | cut -f 1 -d ":"`
j=`expr $i + 1`
nawk "NR==$i || NR==$j" EXAMPLE.txt > EXAMPLE1.txt
tr -d '\n\' < EXAMPLE1.txt | cut -f 4 -d " "

$ ./output.ksh
1B4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and display those NOT found

In my script I read a input file and search all the files in a directory and it's sub-directories for that string using: find . -type f -print | xargs grep $var1 This just displays all the lines the string was found on. Too much data. What I need is to store in a file one time those... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Rihn
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search/replace and display

Hi All: I'm using sed to replace one line in a configuration file. After replacing that line I would like to display to screen that line plus 10 lines above and below the line that was changed... How would I go about doing that?? Here is my search and replace string.... sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search this display these...

Hi i would like to search for a pattern and then prints the 2 lines before the line where the pattern is found. I would also like to apply this in compressed files. Please help me in this. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search from file and display

Dear all I had input file as mention below. From that i want op as given below. Kindly let me knw possible ways. Regards Jaydeep CONNECTED bscaaa <rxmfp:mo=RXOTX-46-5 ; RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION MANAGED OBJECT FAULT INFORMATION MO BTSSWVER RXOTX-46-5 ERA-G04-R11-V01 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in file and display

Dear All I had below mention requirement. Kindly sugguest me possible ways. Thanks Regards Jaydeep IN PUT FILE: CELL BROADCAST SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE MESSAGE DATA ID CODE GS UPDATE MODE LANG MCO MCL NUMPAGES 50 1000 0 13 MML 1 1 TEXT PAGE *999*1# SONGS4U@30/M- 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search name and display column from a file

Hi I have search everywhere for this but I haven't got any result. so here is my question? I am trying to ask user to enter a name and then searching that name from a file and from a specific column. If user enter something, it should only displaying that name from that specific column and If the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sillyha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for file and display by date

I like "ls -ltr". I would like to search for a file in a large directory recursively and and display all the candidates in reverse order. /usr/bin/find . -name \*.txt This works. How do I display the date and sort the file names by the date in reverse order for the entire directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search first file line after Error and display

I have a log file which contains information like below (more than 200 ERROR sets). Here I want to find first .c file and function after "ERROR: AddressSanitizer" line. If you see here after "ERROR:" line first file - asfrecohandling.c function - ASFPotRecoHandling_Create_RecPaxSrvcComp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
6 Replies
findcon(1)						      General Commands Manual							findcon(1)

NAME
findcon - SELinux file context search tool SYNOPSIS
findcon FCLIST [OPTIONS] [EXPRESSION] DESCRIPTION
findcon allows the user to search for files with a specified context. Results can be filtered by object class as described below. FCLIST
The findcon tool operates upon a file context list source. There are three valid file context lists. directory If FCLIST is a name of a directory then begin the search at that directory and recurse within it. Be sure there are no circular mounts within it. file_contexts If FCLIST is the name of a file_contexts file (e.g., /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/files/file_contexts) then open that file and find matching entries. database If FCLIST is the name of a database as created by a previous run of indexcon or apol then open the database and execute queries into it. EXPRESSION
The following options allow the user to specify which files to print. A file must meet all specified criteria. If no expression is pro- vided, all files are printed. -t TYPE, --type=TYPE Search for files with a context containing the type TYPE. -u USER, --user=USER Search for files with a context containing the user USER. -r ROLE, --role=ROLE Search for files with a context containing the role ROLE. -m RANGE, --mls-range=RANGE Search for files with a context with the MLS range of RANGE. Note that findcon ignores the SELinux translation library, if present. In addition, this flag is ignored if the FCLIST has no MLS information. --context=CONTEXT Search for files matching this partial context. This flag overrides -t, -u, -r, and -m. -p PATH, --path=PATH Search for files which include PATH. -c CLASS, --class=CLASS Search only files of object class CLASS. OPTIONS
The following additional options are available. -R, --regex Search using regular expressions instead of exact string matching. This option does not affect the --class flag. -h, --help Print help information and exit. -V, --version Print version information and exit. PARTIAL CONTEXT
The --context flag specifies a partial context, which is a a colon separated list of user, role, and type. If the system supports MLS, the context may have a fourth field that gives the range. If a field is not specified or is the literal asterisk, then the query will always match the field. OBJECT CLASSES
Valid object class strings are block, char, dir, fifo, file, link, or sock. NOTE
The findcon utility always operates on "raw" SELinux file contexts. If the system has an installed translation library (i.e., libsetrans), those translations are ignored in favor of reading the original contexts from the filesystem (if FCFILE is a directory). EXAMPLES
findcon . Find every context in the current directory and all of its subdirectories. findcon -u user_u . Find every context whose user is user_u in the current directory and all subdirectories. findcon -u system_u -t bin_t file_contexts Find entries user system_u and type bin_t within a file_contexts file, assuming that file_contexts is a file contexts file. findcon --context=system_u::bin_t file_contexts This is equivalent to the previous example. findcon --context=system_u:*:bin_t:* file_contexts This is also equivalent to the above example. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeremy A. Mowery <jmowery@tresys.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright(C) 2003-2007 Tresys Technology, LLC BUGS
Please report bugs via an email to setools-bugs@tresys.com. SEE ALSO
replcon(1), indexcon(1) findcon(1)