Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Resize Root Filesystem in SUSE Linux Post 302313360 by wireonfire on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 12:09:09 PM
Old 05-05-2009
/ filesystem getting full

Probably no down time is necessary.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Filesystem resize (AIX 5.3)

Hi.. I have to resize a partition(filesystem). I mean reduce the size one particular partition and increase the size of another. What should I do?? Pls help Bala (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

2. SuSE

root folders group changed in SUSE linux

The group of the /root folder has been changed and then logged out I am not able to log in to the /root user as it is saying Xsession log in not allowed Is there any way that the group of the /root folder be changed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napster_san
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resize root disk slices

I have a Sun box running Solaris 9. My root disk was slices too small when it was installed and I am now at 99% capacity for my root partition. Is it possible, and if so how?, to increase the size of slice 0 and decrease the size of slice 7?? Thanks! Current partition table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
6 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM filesystem resize

This is actually a VxVM question. I have a volume/filesystem spread over 4*146G disks. Now I want to shrink the filesystem - which I can do using vxresize. However, I want to shrink so that two of the four disks that the filesystem occupies are removed from the volume. Can I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to RESIZE / root partition in RHEL5 (VM)?

Hi Team, Require your expertise on how to resize / partition. This is VM. Thank you. Reggy # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 15G 13G 556M 96% / /dev/sda1 965M 43M 873M 5% /boot tmpfs 502M 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to resize filesystem by resizing the LUN without impact to applications.?

Is it possible to resize a filesystem by resizing the LUN on RHEL 6.4 64-bit with LVM and no impact to running applications? The research I have done so far seems to take the approach of adding a new LUN and then expaning the volume group to the new LUN. I'm looking for an approach that avoids a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aenagy
7 Replies

8. SCO

Resize root partition

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Root partition is 96% full and I would like to make it bigger. How can this be done? 1) Can I use 'dd' to backup 'root' and then backup '/u' to a third hard disk, then divvy the primary hard disk to have a larger 'root' filesystem (i.e. previous root + u) 2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd - Return NetBSD filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. fs_spec Describes the block special device or remote filesystem to be mounted. fs_file Describes the mount point for the filesystem. For swap partitions, this field should be specified as none. If the name of the mount point contains spaces these can be escaped as 40. fs_vfstype Dscribes the type of the filesystem. fs_mntops Describes the mount options associated with the filesystem. fs_freq Used for these filesystems by the dump(8) command to determine which filesystems need to be dumped. fs_passno Used by the fsck(8) program to determine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time. VERSION
$Id: Netbsd.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009,2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)