Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing ^Z Character in a File Post 302313309 by devtakh on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 10:00:50 AM
Old 05-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix86
Hi,
I am having a pipe (|) delimited file which is having ^Z character in the middle of the text.Could anyone please suggest me how to remove this ^Z Character from the file.I almost used all the ideas posted in this site but none of them worked in my case since tis ^Z character is not coming at the EOF but in the middle of the text.

please help.Smilie
Code:
sed 's/^Z//g' filename

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing the ^M character in VI

Hello, I am attempting to remove all the ^M characters in a file in VI. The command I am using is :1,$s/^V^M//g but it doesn't work, saying 'substitute pattern match failed'. Any ideas why? Jules (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julesinbath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing a character and addending to end in each line in a file

HI i am having a file this (sys19:pnlfct:/pfact/temp>) cat temp_sand 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 1234567890 I want to make this file as (sys19:pnlfct:/pfact/temp>) cat temp_sand 1456789023 1456789023 1456789023 1456789023 just take the 2nd and 3rd position and put it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character from each line of file

How can I remove the last character from each line of a file? This must be done without "funny" characters, as I want to transfer the code to/from Windows. Any ideas? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhancock
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing selectively the last character from a file

Dear Members, Problem is suppose i have 50 lines in a file, 40 lines last character is "\" and the remaining 10 lines are good(i mean these 10 lines do not have "\" character) How can i remove this character from the file. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing ^@ character at the end own belowof Linux file

Hi, I have a Linux file which has content as sh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvanas
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Special Character from File.

Hi, My file has this special character "^M" I would like to remove this characters. eg: abc,abc,^M i tried using sed but doesnt work. i used octal dump command to see special character it returns following: 015 \r Appreciate your reply. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help removing a character from name

I have a file like this: DDD_ABCDE2AB2_1104081408.104480 I need to remove the 1 after the . in the file name so that it reads: DDD_ABCDE2AB2_1104081408.04480 Having some difficulty getting the command to work. I tried using cut -d 26 but that just doesn't work. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing last character of every line if certain character

I need help removing the last character of every line if it is a certain character. For example I need to get rid of a % character if it is in the last position. Input: aaa% %bbb ccc d%dd% Output should be: aaa %bbb ccc d%dd I tried this but it gets rid of all of the % characters.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for removing newline character from file

Hi below is my file. cat input.dat 101,abhilash,1000 102,prave en,2000 103,partha,4 000 10 4,naresh,5000 (its just a example file) and my output should be: 101,abhilash,1000 102,praveen,2000 103,partha,4000 104,naresh,5000 below is my code cat input.dat |tr -d '\n' >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilash_nakka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of a specific line from a file

Hello guys, I would need to remove the last character ")" of a specific line. This can be from any line. Your help is appreciated. Below is the line. HOSTNAME=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)) Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sang8g
6 Replies
base32(n)							  Base32 encoding							 base32(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base32 - base32 standard encoding SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require base32::core ?0.1? package require base32 ?0.1? ::base32::encode string ::base32::decode estring _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands for encoding and decoding of strings into and out of the standard base32 encoding as specified in RFC 3548. API
::base32::encode string This command encodes the given string in base32 and returns the encoded string as its result. The result may be padded with the character = to signal a partial encoding at the end of the input string. ::base32::decode estring This commands takes the estring and decodes it under the assumption that it is a valid base32 encoded string. The result of the decoding is returned as the result of the command. Note that while the encoder will generate only uppercase characters this decoder accepts input in lowercase as well. The command will always throw an error whenever encountering conditions which signal some type of bogus input, namely if [1] the input contains characters which are not valid output of a base32 encoder, [2] the length of the input is not a multiple of eight, [3] padding appears not at the end of input, but in the middle, [4] the padding has not of length six, four, three, or one characters, CODE MAP
The code map used to convert 5-bit sequences is shown below, with the numeric id of the bit sequences to the left and the character used to encode it to the right. It should be noted that the characters "0" and "1" are not used by the encoding. This is done as these characters can be easily confused with "O", "o" and "l" (L). 0 A 9 J 18 S 27 3 1 B 10 K 19 T 28 4 2 C 11 L 20 U 29 5 3 D 12 M 21 V 30 6 4 E 13 N 22 W 31 7 5 F 14 O 23 X 6 G 15 P 24 Y 7 H 16 Q 25 Z 8 I 17 R 26 2 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base32 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base32, rfc3548 CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Public domain base32 0.1 base32(n)