Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk to substitute columns from one file into another Post 302313143 by danmero on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 12:32:36 AM
Old 05-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylle345
I tried finding a similar thread but it looks like my case is unique.
Everybody belive that Smilie but is not.
Anyway try awk
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{_[$1]=$2;next}$1 in _{$1=_[$1]}1' OFS='\t' file2 file1 > file3

..and now that you have the solution you can search the forum for similar problems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multiple substitute

I want to reformat the following: ID1 ID001 0 0 2 1 GG TC GG CT GG AA AA AG ID2 ID002 0 0 2 2 GG 00 AG CC GG GG TC CC I want to replace only:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute filepaths with sed or awk?

I am having the following problem. I am having a lot of files (test_1_01.hea, test_1_02.hea, etc) with the content: project_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ tmp_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ material_directory /net/1/d_1/5/ And I have to substitute the filepaths with new counted ones where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk some columns from file

I have a file that has a list in this format: abcdefg|mia21acs.acs.oaklahoma.net|10.83.19.21|||PROV|ADTHNION21E|USA|DLAR|CISCO||OS|1.0.7.10 abcdefg|cle22acs.acs.oaklahoma.net|10.83.19.22|||PROV|ADTHNION22E|USA|DLAR|CISCO||OS|1.0.7.10 I need to pull the red highlighed fileds so the output looks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Bash: substitute columns in .csv using other .csv columns

Hi All, I have two .csv's input.csv having values as (7 columns) ABC,A19907103,ABC DEV YUNG,2.17,1000,2157,07/07/2006 XYZ,H00213850,MM TRUP HILL,38.38,580,23308,31/08/2010 output.csv having (25 columns) A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhivyas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file hello i would like to use awk to do the following calculation from the following snippet. input file C;2390 ;CV BOUILLOTTE 2L 2FACES NERVUREES ;1.00 ;3552612239004;13417 ;25 ;50 ; 12;50000 ; ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iindie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK variable substitute issue

dear, I have below file called folderlist.txt # ParentFolder environment_flag SubFolders triss 1 checksum bookstructure 1 fx 1 checksum_GMDB I have a script which which will create the folders under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute with awk

When the line contains abc, it will goes to the next line and substitue the MM to NN bc 23 33 abc 23 33 ddd MM xx dff MM 33 cat xxx |awk '{if ($0~/abc/){getline;sub(/MM/,"NN")}{print}}', It doesn't show "abc 23 33 bc 23 33 ddd NN xx dff MM 33 bc 23 33 abc 23 33 ddd NN xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with AWK - Compare a field in a file to lookup file and substitute if only a match

I have the below 2 files: 1) Third field from file1.txt should be compared to the first field of lookup.txt. 2) If match found then third field, file1.txt should be substituted with the second field from lookup.txt. 3)Else just print the line from file1.txt. File1.txt:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venalla_shine
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to substitute ip without zero left padding

Hello All, I have this script to awk IP to new file. #awk '/myip|yourip/ {sub(/...\....\....\..../, newip)}1' newip=$IP existing.txt > new.txt When existing.txt has myip=192.168.123.123 and $IP has 192.168.12.12, the awk script is not working. But while I add zero left padding to $IP i.e,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute from awk results

Hi, The following awk command : asmcmd lsdg | awk '{print $13;}' | grep -i ${SID} return the following output . An Empty line + two lines contain "/" at the end of the line INDEVDATA/ INDEVFRA/ I need to remove the "/" as well as the empty line. Please advise Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoav
3 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)